How much paint to paint an MJ?

Any that has done this already.

I am stuck between two colors that I like.

One color I can only find in rattle can. (Metallic Blue Rustolem)

The other is gallon size Royal Blue Rustolem.

So my question is if I go with rattle can how many cans?

And

If I go spray gun how many gallons/quarts do I need?

TIA

I used a gallon of automotive paint to paint my Geo Prizm (like a Toyota Corolla), and had enough left over for my F100 (not including bed, it was wood).

I'm guessing 3 qt. for an entire MJ, including inside bed, but not inside cab or engine compartment. Gallon if you strip it down and do it all.

Can you use a hardener with that paint?

I used a gallon of automotive paint to paint my Geo Prizm (like a Toyota Corolla), and had enough left over for my F100 (not including bed, it was wood).

I'm guessing 3 qt. for an entire MJ, including inside bed, but not inside cab or engine compartment. Gallon if you strip it down and do it all.

Can you use a hardener with that paint?

I don't think that paint has a hardener, but I'm sure he'll have to thin it a bit, unless he has a a large enough tip for spraying a thick enamel. Well,, I don't know how thick it is but it would seem to be a lil thick.. It would be alot cheaper then buying a whole lot of cans..

I have sprayed cars before, mostly the rusty color rustolem primer and the Dupont nason green primer. I was the primer guy. :D

Thanks I think I will spray instead of rattlecan $$$$. I have tons of thinner and I will run down the to the paint store and get some harder. I do not like waiting for paint to dry because it is like waiting for paint to dry. :roll:

This is going to be cool. I cannot wait until it gets a bit warmer out. I still have some body work and need more tape and some sandpaper before I paint it.

PRHpeRblGaL.jpg

+

=

I will post pics when I am done.

I do not like waiting for paint to dry because it is like waiting for paint to dry.

I don't know the first thing about painting, but you just gave me the new sig line I've been looking for :cheers:

Jeff