Build-up Article in this month's Jp Magazine

robfg67

Its for sale if anyone wants to buy it

Taken from a listing off Jeepspeed by Sato Bros Racing:

"The Currie Jeep Comanche is for sale!87 Comanche w/102k miles,265/75R16 Nitto Terra Grappler All Terrain,6 cyl,5 speed,short bed,new paint,new interior,spray in bed liner,new optima battery,new cooling system(radiator,w/p,overflow tank and hoses),new brake booster and master,new clutch master and slave cyl. and line,new a/c comp-a/c acc.-a/c lines.The trans,transfer case,front and rear ends have about 4k miles on them since the build of the truck.Peugot trans. and new stlye 231 transfer case with Currie SYE kit and 2-LO kit with front and rear c/v driveshafts.Currie front susp. with custom 4 bar set up(one upper arm w/trac-bar),ACOS adjs,Walker res. shocks w/adjusters,Currie HD steering sys. and front Currie Anti-Rock.Currie 8" trussed and ramped front end with Warn 5 on 5 1/2 hub kit,Currie aluminum case and Currie aluminum pinion support,Tru-Trac carrier w/4.11 R&P and chromoly axles.Rear susp. is modified springs with Walker res. shocks w/adjs. and a custom built Currie Anti-Rock sway bar sys.Currie 9" in the rear with a trussed 9+ hsg with 9+ race case,9+ big bearing pinion support,tru-trac carrier w/4.11 R&P,31 spline Currie Performance axle package and Explorer disc brakes.Fabricated front and rear bumpers,custom fabricated exh. sys,fabricated front upper link mount and trac bar mount brace.Perfect chase truck or a good starting point for race truck.$15k OBO call 714-528-6957 and ask for Tony or John "

comanche.gif

Wow, that is pretty awesome...But, Yah, spend a Billion $$$ on the Axles and leave the engine/tranny stock... I guess they want to pimp their products on the truck so that's cool too...

SW2

I like the lack of skid plates too.... :roll:

Like they say in the article, if the tranny ain't broke why replace it? Sure it might (probably will) go out eventually but until it does why not use what you've got? I put up with a horrendous noise from mine for a while until I got a very low mileage used Peugout for free and swapped them. Ran that one without any trouble at all until the transfer case crapped out. Got a good deal on an AX-15 and NP231 out of a TJ and made what is hopefully the final swap.