Larger tires with no lift?

I'd like to know whats the biggest tire that will fit on a stock height comanche for street use. I don't intend on any major (or even moderate) offroading. I just don't want tire rubbing at every turn on the street. Oh yea, I'll be getting new 15x8 wheels too. What backspacing is best for clearence?

I had origionally planned on a 3" lift and 31s. But the lift is gonna have to wait. The more I read on here the more I realize that if I want to do a lift the right way, I'm gonna need more money and time. I don't want to half @$$ it, but I NEED new tires soon.

Thanks for the help,

Chad

I also ran 31x10.50s with no lift. There is minor rubbing against the lower control arms when the steering is turned all the way to the limit -- and you'll have that same situation with or without a lift. The cure is to shim the steering stop, but I just learned how far to turn the steering wheel. Either way you lose a bit of turning radius, but it's not critical.

The key is to use factory rims. There are NO aftermarket rims with 5-1/4" backspacing. Any aftermarket rims will set the tires farther out. This avoids the lower control arm problem, but results in the tires hitting the flares and/or sheet metal when the suspension compresses.