Driveshaft lenghts - 2wd and 4wd SWB MJ

I just happen to have one laying in my garage. From u-joint center to u-joint center it is 58.5 inches. This is from an '89 2wd, 2.5L, AX4, D35. I saved it because it is one of those that is encased in a rubber lined tube. It may get cut down to work on the lifted 4wd.

• 1 month later...
D35 rear.

I need measurements for:

AX4 2wd

AX5/AX-15 4wd

AW4 4wd

I have eyes on a 4wd AW4 rear DS for a 231/d35 combo. I would be using it on a AX5/231/D35 setup.

Dug this up because I'm in need of the same info and it looks like this did not get fully answered. I'm looking at getting a rear DS from a 4wd BA10 SWB and I need to know the lenght of the rear DS for a 4.0 4wd AW4 D35 and/or D44. Maybe if we could get all the DS combo's answered we could make this a sticky. jamminz.gif

:cheers:

Any and all measurements are welcome. Would like to get all the different lengths with all the different engine/tranny/tcase/axle combinations. So far this is what has been posted:

4.0/ba10/2wd/D35 d-shaft for a SWB is 53"

2wd, 2.5L, AX4, D35 is 58.5" SWB

4.0L/AX-15/4wd/dana35 is 43.5" (Is this short / long bed and need to know tcase)

I'm pretty sure that with all the members on here, we could have all the factory combo's represented.

:cheers:

I said 2wd, as in NO tcase. the front axle is nothing more than a tube, no drive components.

I should actually add in, thats a D35 rear.

I actually think we should get the proper lengths posted for after lifts, and at what height, gets a ballpark figure much easier.

SONUVA..... I knew I forgot to do something today. And I was even out finishing up on the 86 today too. I still have to go back to it and grab a few things on tuesday noonish, so if someone could please remind me then to take the measurements and look to see which tranny and tcase I have, it would be greatly appreciated.

I said 2wd, as in NO tcase. the front axle is nothing more than a tube, no drive components.

I actually think we should get the proper lengths posted for after lifts, and at what height, gets a ballpark figure much easier.

Ooops :thwak: I fixed it. got carried away with the cut and paste. :brows:

Ooops :thwak: I fixed it. got carried away with the cut and paste. :brows:

I want to :thwak: some people in this world :D Your not on the list though.

• 1 month later...