posi lock

comancheman, mjeff87 is on the mark, cheap, but effective. Done it for others myself. I eventually went to cable actuated. Advantage of wasshers is no worry about loss of vacuum line in deep brush.

mjcanoe

i was going to do what mjeff did...but i found a homeade posiloc setup and did it myself in about an hours worth of work...it does the exact same thing as one of the 195 dollar ones but i made it for less than 15 bucks...then i just took off the harness that runs to the motor, caped the ends and went out and worked like a charm

There is really no advantage to having the disco option unless you have a front locker, the mpg savings is very minimal.

Here are some more options:

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3865

I'm sticking by my post in that thread:

If you don't want to worry about the CAD functioning properly, it's easy (and FREE) to eliminate:

1. Remove the housing/fork.

2. Pull the c-clip off the rod on the side of the fork closest to the diff.

3. Slide the rod towards the pass side & fork toward the diff side.

4. Replace c-clip in old location on rod (which is now on opposite side of fork)

5. Gently roll jeep forward to engage collar on both shafts.

6. Replace fork on collar.

If you don't have a locker in your D30, this is what I'd do. It only takes about 10 minutes.

You can also always switch it back later if you fix the vacuum issue or get a locker.

Best solution replace the axle with non-disco, preferably a D44 if you can find one otherwise if you are just wanting to lock the axle together the cad fix is quite simple and cost nothing in fact I did the one where you just remove the c-clip slide the fork to the other side and re-install the c-clip. Abosolutely no problems, lost maybe 1/4 to 1/2 mpg overall.

Cost: $0.00

Time: aprox 15 min

mine broke in that my vacuum CAD stays locked ALLL the time.

at least the part time light stays on all the time? I'm pretty sure the axle is actually engaged though but it's been a full year since i played with the d-shaft and front axle to see if it was indeed engaged.

There is really no advantage to having the disco option unless you have a front locker, the mpg savings is very minimal.

yeah, but you could disco one side and have an effective 2 low on the trail.

Hmm, I like this idea.

I try.