half doors tech

I'd rather have these than tube doors...at least this way I could make some clip-on windows like a cj has. I think they're BA

there was a guy over on NAXJA that had the set up that your talking about and it looked great i like those door alot. I have a set off my old MJ that i junked and I am going to try something like that with them.

Theres a couple of projects that have done half doors and such in the forum here. I have a ok write up on removable and tube doors in my project thread and eventually i am going to make my tube doors into full trail doors with a skin and hopefully window cause the cops on base told me i needed a skin so couldnt fall out :roll: they are just stupid.

Cole

i'm gonna do these

but I'm keeping the spot where the mirrors mount to...I want to keep mirrors and HATE the big ones that bolt onto the side.

also, I think I will do the removable door thing while I'm at it...I have a spare set of doors so I think I'll have a removable setup on the half doors in order to mount the full doors back on in crappy weather...or i'll make some nice sealed windows that clip on the halfsys.

we'll see how it goes...but I've got 3 weeks of sittin on me arse due to fracturin my foot...i can walk just fine but the doctor says no??? :nuts:

gotta do the 6x3 steel rockers on it, half doors, got the plasma cutter back from grandpa so now i can trim my fender flairs and get rid of the pinch welds. then it's off to find a 8.8 rear to compliment the SOA and build custome LCA's and UCA's...time i have, money i don't.

this is project tatersalad btw...i'm debating if i wanna go with a 3.4 or i have a lineup on a TBI 350 with a 700R4 4wd tranny. maybe i can make that work?

I'd rather have these than tube doors...at least this way I could make some clip-on windows like a cj has. I think they're BA

there was a guy over on NAXJA that had the set up that your talking about and it looked great i like those door alot. I have a set off my old MJ that i junked and I am going to try something like that with them.

its the same guy in the first pic look at the buttons around the opening

its the same guy in the first pic look at the buttons around the opening

...and I noticed that guy has a manche rear cab section sittin there in some of his pics. i think he's goin cheromanche? hope so :D

the center divider and triangle glass come right out...there's 2 screws on the top side of the door you'll notice when you open it, and there's 1 halfway down the door on the inside near the window crank.

so those are older ones, and yup they're clean...i want them :D