Comanche club chapters

What if we made different chapters of comancheclub so that we know hows in our area and we can start wheeling and such together. I was just thinking that alot of us have no clue were alot of the others are and wheel at mostly and maybe we can get more events with a big croud of Manches there if we do this. I think this forum has the ablility to have select groups in it and that could be the identifier. Just a random thought i had i figured i would lay out there.

Cole

I think regional would work the best and you might even concider having two senior members being kinda moderators over there section of the region. Its something to help develope the site and if it don't work out then you can just delete it right??

Cole

Really. Concentrate on the higher 'member populated' areas

Canada can be thrown into provinces, as there arent many canadian members (oddly there's a member ,Buckey, who is the next town over from me haha)

The US can be divided into, as Carnuck said. PWN, SE, NE, chapters, much like NAXJA.

simple and concise.

being that this site is quite small (in the respect of active members, not just registered users) this may pose problems, but its definately worth a shot.

I'm all for it :USAflag: jamminz.gif :Canadaflag:

So maybe a northeast, southeast, midwest, northwest, southwest, and central? You guys realize we have a wheeling forum for arranging get-togethers right? I hesitate making the forums a huge complicated place. Some sites I've seen have like 30+ different forums broken down to types of engines or individual States. But if there really is demand for it, I guess I could.

why not just break the wheeling section down into regions? and all the stuff that is there now, rather then go through it all, put it into "other" or "past trips"? like on the main page have a section called "wheeling or other trips" as a title, then under it have the regions and "other" or "past trips" as links into those topics.

and i like the idea or having mods for each section from that region. maybe someone from each section that is on the most.

Alex

• 4 months later...

maybe jut a sticky to keep it small then if needed a chapter could request a new forum section

being in AK this would help alot i know there are a few of us here and i know that number could be expanded. the wheeling forum i hardly check as i can't attend any events and have no frame of referance on most of the locations mentioned

i think the wheeling forum does a decent job for those of you in the lower 48 (no offense just an AK term) , but deviding into chapters might just be to much, possibly alienating nonlocal members

(day ja vooo i think this came up on an amc forum a few years back...any hoo)

i do like the wheeling forum very open to all just wish there was a place more dedicated to those outside the norm cause i doubt anyone else "outside" check the posts there either

• 2 weeks later...

Chapters would be a great addition to this forum! I for one am all for it! Initially we could start small with simple divisions? West Coast, Central US, East Coast, International? That way it wouldn't be a huge culture shock to our precious forum ;)

Sounds like a great idea though! :popcorn: :cheers:

I still hesitate to break up the forums into individual locational categories. We have places to post up for future wheeling trips and a simple question in the pub should get plenty of responses of owners near you. What I'm saying is that we already have the means to do what you guys are asking for. If you're looking for owners local to you, ask up in the pub. If you want to go wheeling around you, start a thread in the wheeling section. I don't feel that having regional sections will necessarily facilitate what you guys are looking for. It's hard enough to get people to do the simple things, like putting their location or first name in their info. :(

What about this, when we finally get a full-on site, how about we organize the members' pics/info by location? Maybe with a clickable map of some sort? :brows: Hey, if I'm dreaming, I may as well dream big. :D

What about this, when we finally get a full-on site, how about we organize the members' pics/info by location? Maybe with a clickable map of some sort? :brows: Hey, if I'm dreaming, I may as well dream big. :D

That sounds like a cool idea! Wouldn't be too hard to make either...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to try to make a clickable world map for members. It's going to be slow going, and I KNOW i'm going to forget about some people. Right now I'm more worried about our international members, hopefully we have someone in every continent (for now that's how the map will be broken down). I hope to have something running soon. :hateputers:

BTW if anyone has a better map that has countries/continents mapped out with no writing on it, post it up. It may be easier to use than this one.

Here's what i'm starting with (ironically the best map I found online was a world poverty map):

worldmap.gif

That's all I have for now, I've gotta go home now too :cry:

EDIT: Found this sucker (i think i'm going to use this one):

globe.gif

http://www.amt.org/scott/cc/globe.html

Comanche Club Member Locator, version 1.0 baby yea!! jamminz.gif

No members yet. I think we should decide on a format we can all follow. Like this:

Name: Scott C.

CC Handle: SouthLakeSoldier

Vehicles: 88 MJ, 97 ZJ

Email: missionrepublic@hotmail.com

I believe it would be more affective if this served more as a directory, to meet people in your area as apposed to a truck style directory. But it would be cool to have a small picture of everyone's truck next to their info too.

• 1 month later...