Intake change TPS dilemma????

Ok so I changed to a HO intake with the throttle body on my 88 MJ evrything hooks up exept the TPS wiring.Got the new style plug but wire codes (colors)are different I checked the wiring diagrams on the 88 and compared them to the 91 diagram and it doesnt give enough info to hook it up correctly ! Does anybody know how to hook these up? There are only 3 wires but many possibility s. I am running the Renix injection.

help would be wonderfull .Local Jeep dealer is a pain they have no clue. :roll:

I assume you have a manual trans, the TPS on the automatics use a dual function TPS (provide signal to the ECU and the AW4 TCU)

Unsure if the HO TPS will communicate correct with the Renix ECU.

Also, the HO TPS is non adjustable.

Here is the 88 Renix and 93 HO wiring.

-88 Renix wiring:

1) 5 volt supply…………………………LT BLU

2) TPS output (input to the ECU)…...…YEL/GRN

3) Sensor ground……………………….BRN/WHT

-93 HO wiring:

1) 5 volt supply…………………………VIO/WHT

2) TPS output (input to the PCM/TCU)..ORG/DK BLU

3) Sensor ground……………………….BLK/LT BLU

Keep us updated :-)

Wow thanks for the info will try it today and let you know tomorrow.If it is non compatable I will let you know because it will have low/high idle and it will give more then(or lower)voltage.

what wiring diagrams do you have?...ie FSM or Haynes/Chilton's?

everyone that I've seen run an HO throttle body on a renix rig has adapted the renix TPS to the HO TB, rather than adapt the HO TPS to the Renix system.

I doubt that it's electrically compatible, everything else chryco changed isn't.

There was a writeup on how to modify the renix TPS with a dremel, but I can't find it.

It's in te naxja tech archives, so if you're a member there you can get it.

8) thanks 87Manche I read it ,nice write up on that! I have also put the HO manifold on it because I had one so I had only one issue to deal with ....TPS.I think however I have found a way of making things work I will post it when I do.Thanks for the heads up !!! 8)

• 1 year later...
8) thanks 87Manche I read it ,nice write up on that! I have also put the HO manifold on it because I had one so I had only one issue to deal with ....TPS.I think however I have found a way of making things work I will post it when I do.Thanks for the heads up !!! 8)

Well you goona post what you figured out? :D

:popcorn: Damn...it's too early. I sat here & read this thread and didn't realize it was 2 years old until I got to your post... :roll: :D . You must be bored...

:popcorn: Damn...it's too early. I sat here & read this thread and didn't realize it was 2 years old until I got to your post... :roll: :D . You must be bored...

well posted this link for who ever was looking for tps help :laughin: