Here's my Project MJ "Gipetto"

Heeey everyone :cheers:

People call me Scott. I currently live in south lake tahoe, california. Drive an 1988 Jeep Comanche that I bought for $500. I sold the stock d44 out of it a month later for $400, which is a pretty good deal I suppose. I got all the suspension and most of the mods off of my 95 XJ that I rolled about a year ago :oops: Anyway, all is well now and i'm lovin the MJ.

The MJ: http://www.amt.org/scott/mj.html

Definetly more pictures and shieet to come as I continue to explore the tahoe area (eventually hitting up the 'con ;) ).

Anyone live around here? There are tons of MJ's up here that I see everyday :popcorn: .

I guess that's all for now

It's alright I guess..How the hell do you like it? I haven't met any girls named Scott :nuts:

Anyway I need to resize some pics and post them for all the lazies

Rear Rock Light (old KC daylighter):

PICT8680_r.gif

PICT8678_r.gif

PICT8676_r.gif

How do you like your name?

My problem is that every time I run into another Scott they seem to be female.

But hey, another Scott owning a MJ, that's something.

COUGH SPUTTER

where the HEll do you live that girls are named SCOTT?

sheesh i though I lived close to alabama.

How do you like your name?

My problem is that every time I run into another Scott they seem to be female.

But hey, another Scott owning a MJ, that's something.

COUGH SPUTTER

where the HEll do you live that girls are named SCOTT?

sheesh i though I lived close to alabama.

Yeah.... girls named Scott?

Did she have an Adams apple?

:D

I've met dozens of Scotts, all guys, never even heard of that being used as a girl name.... weird...

Anyway Scott, nice MJ, definitely a good start, but get some rock-rails on there before the Sierra rocks take a bite out of them. You should check out the NAXJA Sierra Chapter, it's a good group of guys.

thats a good idea about the rocklights man, and i like the MJ too (forgot to put that in the first post)

i think advance auto sells cheapy foglights for like 20 bucks a set, you could easily throw some of those under the ol truck for some lights dirtycomanche

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/ ... 9244_19244

Acording to the website their $19 a pop which is still pretty cheap anyway. Blazer makes the lights and they also make the wiring kits you can get at kragens...wonder why kragens doesnt sell these lights :roll:

I think ima order a set. :chillin:

BrettM - To be honest your MJ is the reason why I got the MJ (instead of another XJ). :bowdown: Your thread on pirate about your truck is awesome! I'm on naxja as mission-inc but naxja nowadays seems alot bigger than it use to be (I personally like the smaller, tight knit forums/websites). But yea, it is still a great resource for XJ info. I usually just try not to look too stupid on there and absorb all I can. :popcorn: oh, and last thing - sliders - you know any good fab shops in the nor cal area that could make a decent set? lemme know

thanks, but i was really looking for a local guy.

anyway, picked up a truck box today from some guy in NV for $50:

PICT8825r.jpg

PICT8820r.jpg

PICT8822r.jpg

I like the screw driver holder :D I wanna clean it up and paint it semi gloss black (using rattle can bumper paint). Maybe mount a light on the inside of it... :chillin:

Looks nice! I need one for my flat deck to store my chains/tools/parts.

dude, search locally and you can find a decent one for cheap, and they are so freakin handy (i filled mine up with $#!& already :cheers: )

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE! Got all this $#!& done before the weekend! I hope to get it running before monday but we'll see :roll:

Half way through the Borla install:

PICT8959r.jpg

Ohhh yeeaa :bowdown: :

PICT8960r.jpg

Currie Engine Mounts (passenger side):

PICT8949r.jpg

Old vs. New:

PICT8947r.jpg

That's it for now. I'm going to replace all the OEM plastic vacuum tubing with rubber vac tubing (i've managed to break 3 lines already :mad: )

Doneski! And the truck is running before monday (my estimated deadline)! Currie poly engine mounts are in, borla stainless header is in, and a whole bunch of new vac plumbing (ripped out alot of the OEM plastic BS) :D

So here's the tidier vac line plumbing "situation" (one still needs to be routed to the filter - can you find it?):

PICT8962r.jpg

Close up of the K&N:

PICT8963r.jpg

Overall Engine Bay (next on the list is to clean up all the new electrical):

PICT8961r.jpg

I ran a big old split wire loom along the back for all my extra wires. I put screws through it to the truck rather than securing it with a bunch of zip ties so it was easier to add wires later on. And no, I don't use that bottle to catch the blowby oil anymore. It was too small so I stepped up to a gallon jug. :D

There wasn't any ventilation in that one, but the current edition has one tube in and one tube out. The filter is at the end of the vent tubes for the 2 axles and t-case. I'd do the trans too, but I was afraid I'd snap the little plastic cap off so I figured if the water line got that high I had bigger things to worry about. :D

Are you going to put any kind of shield between the K&N and the engine?

Mine looks similar on my 2.5 and I'm thinking I'm going to be flinging a lot of mud and water that way with the fan so the shield is something I'm going to work up. Just wondering if you had similar plans?

Are you going to put any kind of shield between the K&N and the engine?

Mine looks similar on my 2.5 and I'm thinking I'm going to be flinging a lot of mud and water that way with the fan so the shield is something I'm going to work up. Just wondering if you had similar plans?

k&ns claim to be more or less waterproof so i don't think mud from a fan is anythign to worry about with them. (but thats not to say they can breathe underwater)

Those filters LOVE water! The help the engine drink it right up! They don't get damaged from water though, which is nice.

IMO, a shield would make that filter real quality, but without the shield, you may run into troubles if you play in puddles often.