Side window went down, but won't role up....

Pull the door trim off and take a peek. Might have to just help the glass up the first inch or so until it catches and then can crank it up. If that's the case youll want to remember not to roll it all the way down again.

IIRC I have a window that does the same thing. A new regulator will fix it. These guys might have it.

http://www.teamcherokee.com/

Very common problem-

The cable in the window regulator rust out and strips inside the gear.

For a quick fix, pull up on the window while turning the hand crank, that will get your window shut. You don't need to take anything apart for that.

Long term fix, the window regulator needs to be replaced.

TeamCherokee do carry the window regulators, for about $100+ and the only place that carry them.

Find a donor in the junk yard, and a 4 door Cherokee will work, only from the front doors and pull the regulator out and switch it with your bad one, or find someone on here whom has some window regulators.

There's a write up on changing the regulator around here some where.

Very common problem-

The cable in the window regulator rust out and strips inside the gear.

For a quick fix, pull up on the window while turning the hand crank, that will get your window shut. You don't need to take anything apart for that.

Long term fix, the window regulator needs to be replaced.

TeamCherokee do carry the window regulators, for about $100+ and the only place that carry them.

Find a donor in the junk yard, and a 4 door Cherokee will work, only from the front doors and pull the regulator out and switch it with your bad one, or find someone on here whom has some window regulators.

There's a write up on changing the regulator around here some where.

Same thing happened to mine, I didn't want to spend $155 at Teamcherokee so I went with he JY special for $60. I put it in over the 4th of July holliday, an extra pair of hands will be very helpful. If your glass is scratched this might be a good time to put a new one in.

Same thing happened to mine, I didn't want to spend $155 at Teamcherokee so I went with he JY special for $60. I put it in over the 4th of July holliday, an extra pair of hands will be very helpful. If your glass is scratched this might be a good time to put a new one in.

Wow! $155/ea for a manual regulator? Dayem, it's cheaper to put in new power window regulators and switches.

I booty-fabbed mine......stuck a small piece of 2X4 in the bottom of the door that keeps the window from rolling the whole way down. It stops it right as the top of the glass is level with the window felts :D

Jeff

mjeff, your'e on the rusty edge. You must be just hanging onto the last bit of cable. Usually the breaking point is 1/2 to 1 inch from the felt. Some fiberglass reinforce tape formed into loops are handy to to pull the glass up until you can engage the cable again. Of course you need to post signs has to what the tape is for because everyone asks especially since no one will rmember before they put the window down all the way.

Wow! $155/ea for a manual regulator? Dayem, it's cheaper to put in new power window regulators and switches.

Checki it out $250 for the motorized regulator :nuts:

http://www.teamgrandwagoneer.com/parts/ ... more2.html

I put this kit in about 4 years ago (was $175 then) and used the OEM door switches. The regulators are NOT made in China, they are quality units made in Italy, better than the OEM junk. This is one area AMC/Mopar dropped the ball on, window regulators. The kit is completely bolt in, works great.

http://www.www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AEOS&Product_Code=JE01-K