Can this header be welded?

This is my 93 XJ 4.0 and she just cracked. I would like to know if it is weldable and abple to do it with it still in the veheicle? Just need a temp fix to keep it from stalling out everytime I come to a stop. Going to be getting a new header later.

mounts are fine. The crack most likely came when I tighten a bolt that was almost falling out on the flange.

As far as the stalling I don't know. Thought this could be the problem with the fact I shortened up the exhaust and have only a cherry bomb on there.

But drives fine down the road but then I depress the clutch pedal and brake and she bogs down and will stall if I don't feather the gas a little to maintain the rpm's.

I've heard of people successfully welding up those types of cracks. And I've heard plenty of them complain that the headers just cracked again somewhere else. :( I'm not a welder though, so I personally can't say.

Are yo sure the XJ is stalling because of the crack in your manifold. That sounds like the IAC is either bad or not connected. I only say that because my 96 VW gti did that when the IAC went south.

I don't why it is stalling, just found this looking for the problem. Which is new since the stalling started. Trying to narrow things down.

Are yo sure the XJ is stalling because of the crack in your manifold. That sounds like the IAC is either bad or not connected. I only say that because my 96 VW gti did that when the IAC went south.

I don't why it is stalling, just found this looking for the problem. Which is new since the stalling started. Trying to narrow things down.

Trying switching out IAC's

Trying switching out IAC's

This thing...or is this a TPS

MiNi Beast

That Pic is the TPS... And The Cracked manifold will not Cause stalling... You Can weld the maifold and You need to Weld The crack and then inbetween the Two Tubes so that they can not move independ of each other then the crack should not come back, But like said already it may crack somewhere else...

I would Check the IAC like said As well as the MAP Sensor and all Vac Lines...

Oops, Rog I read your post wrong. That looks a little differnt than the one on my 88 but similar. Your TPS should be right next to it. If you have an automatic their should be two sets of wires coming out of the TPS. I think one set of wires for a manual. The IAC sits right next to my TPS on my throttle body and like I said looks similar to that.

MiNi Beast

That Pic is the TPS... And The Cracked manifold will not Cause stalling... You Can weld the maifold and You need to Weld The crack and then inbetween the Two Tubes so that they can not move independ of each other then the crack should not come back, But like said already it may crack somewhere else...

I would Check the IAC like said As well as the MAP Sensor and all Vac Lines...

I don't think that's your TPS. Mine has the wires already attached to the TPS which then connect to the wiring harness. That looks like your IAC. Try switching one out from the junkyard or a friends XJ. If it fixes your problem buy a new one at your local parts store.

Yup, I'm wrong. If you look at the picture that has the view from the top, your IAC is on the right.

What you pulled is the TPS. Sorry bout that. It's differnt than mine.

When you pull the IAC it will have like a little cone thing on the inside.

Is there another name for that? I can't find it for the price of it.