AN Plumbing

There's a lot of different AN fitting manufactures. This is Earl's #1 AN-6 stainless hose with Teflon inner liner, and speed seal hose ends. This hose lasts fore ever, and is air craft tested.

This is the -6 stainless hose. Now we have -6 speed seal hose end

Push the Red part of the hose end (called the socket), on to the stainless hose.

Then you push the Olive over the Teflon liner.

Put a light film of WD-40 on the male tip.

I assembled mine with a small amount of Anti-Seize on threads.

Lightly debur any hairs, be very carefull not to damage any of the Teflon liner.

Place the blue part of the hose end (called the B-NUT) in a bench vise. If your vise does not have smooth jaws, install some. Then push the hose firmly on, and give it a little jiggle.

Tighten hose assembly.

:chillin: :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Adapting the 4.0 h/o fuel rail to A/N fittings with Earl's #1 OEM tubing adapters

cut off flange & debar end of tubing

Earl's OEM tubing adapter

slide the socket over the tube

push on the olive

assemble by hand pushing in

tighten with wrenches

old plastic & metal line on the left :wall: uses plastic quick disconnects :fs1:

new stainless line on the right :banana:

good up to 200 PSI!

Adapting the 4.0 h/o fuel rail to A/N fittings with Earl's #1 OEM tubing adapters

Excellent writeup. When I installed the 01 intake manifold, it put pressure on the plastic supply and return lines dur to it's design. I've never trusted it. This an excellent solution to provide some flexibility for those lines. Do you have a laundry list with part numbers and sizes to do this mod? Have never worked Earl's fittings/tubing. Thanks

Do you have a laundry list with part numbers and sizes to do this mod? Have never worked Earl's fittings/tubing. Thanks

Speed-Seal Straight Aluminum Hose End. -6 is Recommended for automotive / marine fuel & oil systems. (Use Speed-Flex Hose)

Unit price: 14.99

No. of units: 4

Total: 59.96

Speed-Flex Hose, -6 for hi psi systems (Teflon Liner)

Unit price: 56.88

No. of units: 1

Total: 56.88

Hard Line Tubing Adapter, Male AN

Unit price: 8.66

No. of units: 3

Total: 25.98

Total: 8.66

Aluminum Finish Cushioned Tubing Clamps.

Unit price: 7.65

Total: 7.65

Item total: 166.78

http://www.anplumbing.com/shop/index.php

check out the tech videos Earls #1 s website they are #1 for a reason !!

Speed-Seal Straight Aluminum Hose End. -6 is Recommended for automotive / marine fuel & oil systems. (Use Speed-Flex Hose)

Unit price: 14.99

No. of units: 4

Total: 59.96

Speed-Flex Hose, -6 for hi psi systems (Teflon Liner)

Unit price: 56.88

Total: 56.88

Item total: 166.78

http://www.anplumbing.com/shop/index.php

check out the tech videos Earls #1 s website they are #1 for a reason !!

Thanks very much Mike. :cheers: I have been checking the Earls site since I read your post. Because of my weird setup (01 intake w. an 04 Wrangler power steering pump) I'll need a 45* or 90* tubing adapter straight off the fuel rail to give me room to clear around the power steering pump tank. But Earl's doesn't make one, they only have the straight tubing adapters that you used on your fuel rail. On my rig, there's not enough real estate to use those. I'm very glad I read your post today. I went down and checked it out and the plastic OEM fuel supply line off the front port to the regulator was showing signs of wear from rubbing on the PS pump reservoir. I was able to carefully heat the fuel rail nipple and bend it slightly back enough to give me enough clearance. But I'm still looking for a 45* 5/16" AN tubing adapter from another manufacturer that will work as I very much like the setup you used.

& if you are interested in getting rid of these plastic disconnects on your AW4's oil cooler lines :headpop: :fs1:

I did this on my 90 Cherokee. :wrench:

the silver -6 hose ends are steel to bring down the price a little.

HOW MUSH IS YOUR PEACE OF MIND WORTH !! :thumbsup:

Thanks very much Mike. :cheers: I have been checking the Earls site since I read your post. Because of my weird setup (01 intake w. an 04 Wrangler power steering pump) I'll need a 45* or 90* tubing adapter straight off the fuel rail to give me room to clear around the power steering pump tank. But Earl's doesn't make one, they only have the straight tubing adapters that you used on your fuel rail. On my rig, there's not enough real estate to use those. I'm very glad I read your post today. I went down and checked it out and the plastic OEM fuel supply line off the front port to the regulator was showing signs of wear from rubbing on the PS pump reservoir. I was able to carefully heat the fuel rail nipple and bend it slightly back enough to give me enough clearance. But I'm still looking for a 45* 5/16" AN tubing adapter from another manufacturer that will work as I very much like the setup you used.

You can't fit a tubing adapter with a 45* or a 90* hose end? I use straight hose ends. How much bigger is the 04 PS pump?

I am all so doing a 99 intake but don't have a pump yet. I was thinking of going with a PSC power steering pump W/ AN fittings.

http://www.pscmotorsports.com/-PK1652-95-06-4.0-Jeep-high-volume-pump-kit.html

You can't fit a tubing adapter with a 45* or a 90* hose end? I use straight hose ends.

Not sure until I get your measurement. Your pic below illustrates my problem. What is the distance between the fuel rail front supply line to the end of the red stainless hose fitting? I might have enough room using the straight tubing adapter then a 45* hose fitting depending on the measurement. My TJ PS pump sets further aft than the one on your pic, thus the problem.

Image Not Found

I am all so doing a 99 intake but don't have a pump yet. I was thinking of going with a PSC power steering pump W/ AN fittings.

I used the TJ PS pump only because of it's higher output pressure I needed for the quick ratio ZJ steering gear box I have. My MJ is a street rig, and the quick steering box probably isn't a good option for an offroad rig as is yours. The PSC pump would be great for your application though for sure.

I like your AN solution for the tranny cooler lines. You have me thinking on some AN upgrades for my rear disk brakes also. Who's your helper sitting on the rad? Good stuff Mike.

OK premade -3 break lines from Earls #1

front I know you asked for rear. Butt if you are talking about that rats nest of hard lines on the rear body NO i have not done much butt a -3 bypass for that break valve to axle.

:thumbsup:

Thanks again Mike. More good applications for the AN fittings. I have rear disk brakes installed and still use the stock load leveling MJ brake valve, but I see from your pics that the "rats nest" back there can be cleaned up and improved by using an aluminum distribution block and flex stainless tubing. This is good stuff. Any chance when you get time to measure the fuel rail supply line distance I asked for to see if I squeeze in the AN tube adapters w. a 45* hose connector?

I also fabbed up a pair of soft vice adapters using some angle aluminum I had laying around. Based on your pics. :cheers:

Post subject: Re: AN Plumbing Reply with quote

mj Mike wrote:

You can't fit a tubing adapter with a 45* or a 90* hose end? I use straight hose ends.

Not sure until I get your measurement. Your pic below illustrates my problem. What is the distance between the fuel rail front supply line to the end of the red stainless hose fitting? I might have enough room using the straight tubing adapter then a 45* hose fitting depending on the measurement. My TJ PS pump sets further aft than the one on your pic, thus the problem.

Ok here is more info

W/a 45* hose end

W/a 90* low profile hoes end

Yep, looks like it will work using the straight tubing adapter and a 45* hose end. Thanks for the pics. I still have two questions though. On the fuel rail I measured the nipples. The supply line nipple was .3125" (5/16") tubing and the return nipple was larger, .375 (3/8") tubing. So I have to get different size tubing adapters, correct? Also, in looking at the Earles site, it states that the tubing adapter needs a min. of 3/4" of tubing. So I'm thinking they don't have to be cut off as there's enough tubing after the quick-connect ring.

ya you will need of 3 5/16 tubing adapters

one for the supply line on the rail & two under the truck.

the return on the rail is 3/8

& ya you have the 3/4 before the flair on the hard line. Butt i recommend to cut off the flair to decrease the stand off from the rail.

I have rear disk brakes installed and still use the stock load leveling MJ brake valve, but I see from your pics that the "rats nest" back there can be cleaned up and improved by using an aluminum distribution block and flex stainless tubing. This is good stuff.

:idea: if all you are looking for is the rear break line from the body to the rear axle. & you still use the stock load leveling valve. Then i made a list for you assuming some of the tube nuts are bad i put some new ones in there. You may need a flaring tool ?

& the line i added was for a 3'' lift (13'' premade -3 hose). your jeep doesn't look stock ride height? looks like 31'' tires?

I.F Short Steel Brake Adapter 2 per pkg.

Unit price: 8.09

Total: 8.09

3/8-24 I.F. all 3 ports, 7/16 mounting hole

Unit price: 11.72

Total: 11.72

Zinc Plated 3/8-24 Male Tube Nut for 3/16 tube. Qty: 1 Per Pkg.

Unit price: 0.49

No. of units: 2

Total: 0.98

-3 AN Female swivel both ends, -3 hose, 13" long

Unit price: 9.94

Total: 9.94

Item total: 30.73

@-http://www.anplumbing.com/shop/index.php

:idea: if all you are looking for is the rear break line from the body to the rear axle. & you still use the stock load leveling valve. Then i made a list for you assuming some of the tube nuts are bad i put some new ones in there. You may need a flaring tool ?

& the line i added was for a 3'' lift (13'' premade -3 hose). your jeep doesn't look stock ride height? looks like 31'' tires?

Thanks Mike. You are correct, 3" lift w. 31s. And I do have a flaring tool, bought and used it when I had to fab new lines for the 96 brake master cylinder / booster swap. I'll post up some pics back here when I get the engine compartment fuel lines done. One more question: are all the different manufacture's fittings, like Earles, Aeroquip, etc. compatible? Like say a 3/8" straight -6 tubing adapter fitting is the same from all the vendors? Really appreciate your help and sharing your knowledge. :cheers:

no problem glad to help!

I also fabbed up a pair of soft vice adapters using some angle aluminum I had laying around. Based on your pics. :cheers:

Earl's, summit racing, JEGS sell them & they are magnetic. A good idea butt it is just a peace of L angel. WE CAN MAKE THAT!!

Thanks Mike. You are correct, 3" lift w. 31s. And I do have a flaring tool, bought and used it when I had to fab new lines for the 96 brake master cylinder / booster swap. I'll post up some pics back here when I get the engine compartment fuel lines done. One more question: are all the different manufacture's fittings, like Earles, Aeroquip, etc. compatible? Like say a 3/8" straight -6 tubing adapter fitting is the same from all the vendors? Really appreciate your help and sharing your knowledge. :cheers:

I would love to see some pics of your set up when you are ready!

all A/N adapters "Like say a 3/8" straight -6 tubing adapter" are compatible. what is not compatible is that different type of hose ends, with different types of hose. example Earls -6 speed seal hose ends will not work with a aeroquip AQP race hose.

The reason I only use Earls is because there located less then 10 minuets away and I can walk and talk to the counter guy.

If you pick a type of hose stick with the matching hose ends for that hose. all -6 fittings are interchangeable because they all use the same thread with a 37* flare. :thumbsup:

OK so i want to keep you Renix guy interested. We made a bracket to mount the H/O fuel rail on the Renix manifold. All though this looks very nice there were leaks on the fuel injectors even with new O rings. We added shims between the rail and the bracket to add up pressure on the fuel injectors. In short this is possible and works O.K but i would still recommend swapping the head to a H/O head so you can use the H/O manifold,Fuel rail with AN fittings.

H/O fuel rail installed on Renix Manifold with old Fuel rail next to it.

• 2 weeks later...

the new presser line

the PSC bracket to mount the remote reservoir to the break master cylinder is for a ,99+, & i still run my stock 92 Master cylinder so i moved the PCM & made a bracket to mount the reservoir to the fender wall.

PSC recommends running a heat sink cooler for this system. i went W/ a Derale dual pass aluminum heat sink cooler #13261 from summit racing