The Story Of " Walker!" Creation Of A Custom Eliminator.

A small backround on this truck. I picked this baby up in October 2010, just sitting along the road with a "For Sale" sign. A friend noticed it and gave me a call, I figured it was atleast worth a look but having just bought an MJ a month ago i didnt think it was gonna sway me to spend money on another.....boy was I wrong!

It was a beauty for sure, 1990 Eliminator, 4.0/AX15/231/D30/D44!

A quick phone call and mesage left with the owner and the next day I brought it home for $1500. I cleaned up up the best I could and only had to fix a few small issues. No rust was found anywhere, the interior was flawless. The only issue that really hurt this truck was the condition of the paint.

She cleaned up nicely, early on ;)
149960_457764534833_1549171_n.jpg

Over the next few months here's how it progressed.
198055_10150124862949834_3686231_n.jpg

311843_10150348073529834_1780725508_n.jp

The rollbar was the last major add on I did before i put this truck away for winter last year.
299762_10150378922659834_1142479198_n.jp

I shipped it off to be painted on March 3rd and thats where the legacy of Walker had begun :wrench: jamminz.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For a few months now I'm not sure if anyone took notice to my signature. However I sent my 1990 MJ Eliminator off a few months ago to be transformed into an MJ that hasnt been duplicated to prior knowledge and to 1 that true Jeep and Comanche Enthusists alike will appreciate when they lay eyes upon it.

I'm proud to finally show you "Walker" in progress biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Painting and major work is scheduled for completion by early next week, and I'm more than excited to bring it all home. This is my Dodge Viper of MJs and Ill have a show worthy peice when its all finished......Ive been holding out on any details thus far but I couldnt keep my mouth shut anymore.....I'm more excited than a Termite in a Log cabin! jamminz.gif

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, but I was expecting a Walker Texas Ranger type theme. I'll need to see more pictures before I deem it a Chuck Norris quality build. Looks dang good for now though!

Ha Ha, No there was another great "Walker" and his name was Walker Evans! He gave these little trucks some fame back in the days of Stadium truck racing, and since this Eliminator was 4wd I figured no better way to salute him ;)

Thanks for the compliments guys, Ill be sure to take many pictures for ya after completion jamminz.gif

The bumpers and the rollbar will be going back in this evening and either this evening or tomorrow This truck will be coming home! :jump:

I can't describe it to you guys how amazing the work turned out, just wait and ill be posting many pictures for your enjoyment....and mine! :yes:

A Few more teaser shots for you guys. Ill be bringing the truck home tomorrow night after a few final touches are made, I'm absolutly estatic! Many more pictures to come for sure! :jump: comanche.gif

Its first show is May 19th....and I for one can't wait to show this thing off!!! :clapping: jamminz.gif

Yes it is. Being a 4wd truck I figured there was no better way to bring back its glory and also salute a legend for what fame he gave the MJ :cheers:

Btw.....Great quality photo, I'm swiping that for my PC collection if ya don't mind ;)

are you going to put on all the sponsor decals too?

No, I basically just wanted to create my own "Walker Evans edition" Eliminator. I do have 2 Jeep Motorsports decals for the rear quarters but otherwise the body is gonna stay clean. I'm very happy with the paint work that was done to it and id really hate to cover it up with some decals that would only hurt the appearence as years went by. I'm likely gonna throw the OEM emblems back on the truck in their orgional locations as well.

Yes it is. Being a 4wd truck I figured there was no better way to bring back its glory and also salute a legend for what fame he gave the MJ :cheers:

Btw.....Great quality photo, I'm swiping that for my PC collection if ya don't mind ;)

No problemo. You could not have picked a better inspiration truck - it's been mine too for quite awhile. :D My plan is similar, but not quite. I'll do the same two-tone stripe over the hood and cowl minus the white border, but the stripe color will be red and the major body color will remain my original dark gray metallic. Will also be using the original 91-92 style Eliminator decals full length on the red stripe as they start on the front doors. Now if I could only find an experto to do the graphic for me as I can only see it in my head.