Project 1999MJ

New to the site here and it's nice to see everyone else that is into the MJ's Just wanted to share a couple pictures and maybe even the whole build up of this project.

It's 89 MJ 2.5 2wd I got for free from the OG owners. (my girlfriends father). Truck didn't run. SO I picked up a 99XJ that was crushed by a tree in the rear, and started the swap to the 1999MJ. Removed the entire wiring,drivetrain and Interrior from the XJ and massaged it into the MJ. Here's a coupe pictures

479208_176_full.jpg

[/img]http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/479000-479999/479208_181_full.jpgp><p>     <!-- m --><a href=http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_im ... 6_full.jpg

' alt='>'>http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/479000-479999/479208_198_full.jpg

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NICE work... the bob is hardly noticeable, and probably won't be onceyou paint it.

also like the interior... they sell molded carpet peices at quadratec, i think there's a thread going on somewher in here about that right now.

did all new XJs have dummy gauges?

That looks slick, so why they two different colors of new XJ front end pieces, is the drivers fender brand new? I really think you'll like the new interior, was the speedo hookup different?

That was a brand new fender on that side. I got the doner 99XJ and a tree had fell on it and caught the front fender also so I just replaced it. I took everything from the 99 so the spedo hooked up as if it was a 99.

NICE work... the bob is hardly noticeable, and probably won't be onceyou paint it.

also like the interior... they sell molded carpet peices at quadratec, i think there's a thread going on somewher in here about that right now.

did all new XJs have dummy gauges?

I have the bed in the rear all primed now and you can't even tell it was cut.

The XJ I got was a base model and that picture was taken before I changed the cluster. I have a 97 cluster in it with the gauges and it was a direct plug in and everything works great

she likes my xj, but not comanches :cry: they are too old and rusty but i say differntly

haha, NOTE: comanCHES plural. it may take her a while. (hopefully.)

just keep up the good work and soon theyll be 1999 models and real shiny i bet shell love the truck with carpet and a new paint job

Tough to tell from the photos, is that a long box or short bed you bobed? What title you going to use? Comanche or Cherokee? Looken good.

That's a short box. I'm not sure yet what I'm going to title it as right now. I have both vin plates so I may keep it a comanche and just chenge the vin plate in the cherokee dash

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a couple more pictures. I got the body work done on the bed,coated it with duraback, got the tail lights mounted and did a little trimming. I also did a spring over in the rear. I'm either going to be doing a 60 or a 9" in the rear in the real near future but just wanted to get it up in the air a little.

I also have a set of RE7.5 Front springs in route to my house and Johnny joints and some bushing barels so I can start on the long arms.

479208_201_full.jpg

479208_199_full.jpg

479208_202_full.jpg

479208_200_full.jpg

why the giant gas tank in the bed?

When I did the 99 cherokee engine swap I wanted to keep the Cherokee fuel tank and the stock fuel pump. The cherokee filler neck location isn't the same as the comanche is so I decided to just mount it in the bed and I am building an enclosure over the tank which will house 2 air tanks as well and a storage compartment for tow straps and some tools. The stock filler door on the bed will have air fitting located behind it so I can run so air tools or just air back up after wheelin