H3RESQ's Dream MJ, the build continues...

So...after starting on my 88 I decided I wasn't up for another full build of a rig. Then I found this 90 eliminator. I put some specs below.

I'm heading to Indiana this morning and will be driving it home to Washington state. I will try and post some of the trip home. I do have some more build plans for this truck. Enjoy the pictures to come and the updates.

Build thread to 88 (for sale!) viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28321

The new "99" MJ...

Below is a listing of the highlights of the truck:

Body

1990 MJ - Unibody/Cab – RUST Free – Clear Title

1999 XJ – Doors, Fenders, Hood, Grille, and NEW Safelite Windshield, tinted door glass

Professional body work and paint job (Jeep Silverstone Metallic paint)

New CR Lawrence tinted sliding rear glass

Custom Rear 10g steel Bed/Corner Guards with LEDs

Rigidco Hybrid XJ/MJ rear bumper

Rigidco XJ/MJ Front Winch Bumper

Northern Tool Low Profile Black Tool Box

LineX spray in bedliner with XTRA (Will never fade or dull)

Interior

Agate interior was transplanted from the ’99 XJ

NEW Agate color carpet with double thick padding

NEW Wet Okole Seat covers with heating elements

NEW Headliner

Power Door Locks, Windows and Mirrors

Keyless Entry

Alpine Type S 7 Speaker Audio System including Kenwood amp and 10" sub

Kenwood KVT-514 In-Dash DVD System with Garmin Navigation Add on

HVAC Unit was rebuilt while out with NEW Evap Core, Heater Core and Blower Motor

Powertrain

4.7L Jeep Long Rod Stroker Engine Professionally built by Midland Engine

12cwt Jeep 258 Crankshaft, ARP Bolts, Jeep 4.0L Rods, Keith Black Forged Pistons, Moly Rings

Port-n-Polished Head, NEW Sealed Power Valves, Mopar Perf Springs, Locks, Retainers, 3 angle valve job

Harland Sharp Roller Rockers

Pacesetter Long Tube Header, Car Sound HiFlow Cat, Flowmaster 40 series muffler

AEM Brute Force Intake, 63mm Throttle Body, 24lb Ford Blue injectors

Accell 8mm Wires, Cap, Rotor, and Plugs

Hesco HiFlow Tstat housing, 180* Tstat, FlowKooler Water Pump, CSF Three Row All Metal Radiator

AW4 Automatic Trans

NP231 Transfer Case with P.O.R.C. Slip Yoke Eliminator

Rebuilt front and rear CV Driveshafts with Spicer joints by Universal Service in Charlotte

Drivetrain/Suspension

Rear MJ Dana 44 Axle, 4.88 Yukon Gears, Full Case Detroit Locker, Ten Factory Alloy Shafts, ZJ Rear Disc Brake kit with New Rotors, Pads and ebrake Pads, Ruff Stuff Simple Swap Kit, SOLID Diff Cover

Front XJ HP 30 Axle, 4.88 Yukon Gears, Full Case Detroit Locker, Alloy USA Shafts, JKS Mini Skids, Currie CorrectLync HD Steering, SOLID Diff Cover, 4 New MOOG Ball Joints, New Ceramic Pads, New Brake Rotors

Front RockKrawler 3-Link Long Arms, RK 6.5” Coils, JKS ACOS Spacers, JKS Sway Bar Disconnects, JKS Bar Pin Eliminators, Extended Stainless Steel Brake lines, Bilstein 5100 shocks

Rear is SOA with Ruff Stuff Simple Swap Kit using the MJ rear Leafs, Extended Stainless Steel brake lines, Bilstein 5100 shocks

Tires/Wheels

Goodyear MT/R with Kevlar 35x12.5r15 Tires mounted to 4 Matte Black Alloy 15x8 wheels.

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the road, in Marton, Illinois. Truck is running great, comfortable, and of course beautiful.

Korie was great to deal with and a cool guy, could not have asked for more in a long distance car deal.

Cheers, Jason

What kind of highway mileage are you getting? Notice any extra valve train noise with the roller rockers?

Road trips are fun. Road trips across the country in a Jeep is superb!

Were having a great trip. Will post full spread of pics and full story of our adventure when I get home. Were just past billi.vs montana now. About 14.5 mpg. Doing bout 75 most of the time. At 2800 rpm. Geared little low for 35's. I probably get bout 16 aroun washington were speed limit is 60. Rockers seem good. Ill be going over motor and all fluids swill get changed when I get home.

Well I'm back home with the Ultimate MJ. We made it safe, no accidents and no major issues. This truck is sweet.

Korie picked us up in the airport pulling it behind his sick Dodge. Keep your eyes out, it has a article on the truck in next months Diesel Power magazine.

I talked with Korie for awhile upon Luke (buddy went with me) and I arriving. Test drove the truck and looked it over.

My only complaint/dissapointment in the truck was the bodywork/paint. Korie copied the original add that he bought it from and added the things he had done to that add. When he bought it he felt the same about the paint and bodywork. It says pro paint and body work. It is not Pro, it might have been paid for, but no pro. There are a few area's you can see sand lines from bondo. The worse spot is on bed behind cab on drivers side. there is about a 8 inch section that's pretty bad. That said, Its a beautiful truck and I'm glad I bought it. The interior is nicer than pictures give credit. Everything has great fit and finish and the quaility of all the wires, switches, and lighting are factory quality. Everything inside works great. Its amazing to sit in a comanche that feels so new, and clean, and has everything power. You feel like a rock star in this truck. In the one day I have been home I have had numerous thumbs up and people breaking there necks as I pass. Last truck like that was my Grand. Its kinda fun.

Well, to the 2400 mile trip home with Luke.

Truck ran great with no wierd noised or issues the whole trip. We did however have a breakdown in Marton, South Dakota. We lost the alternator. I would consider this random and just one of those things. I think it was the original that was on it when the motor was pulled for stroker build. We replaced it and drove the rest of the way home without a problem.

The bad was it happened in Marton. Little town in middle of badlands. we had to wait overnight for the alt to arrive. It snowed about 4 inches. Its pretty miserable to change one out in a parking lot when its 28 degrees, snowing, and the winds blowing about 20mph. So...no picutures of that.

Well anyway on to the pictures.

This is first stop for fuel.

Stopped for lunch at this place. A bar, archery range, and taxidery all in one.

Got to eat...

Next was our breakdown. Marton. Here is the snow that night, bar we partied hard in, and well. We made the most of our luck that night. No morning snow pics becasuse fun night was ....accompanied with morning hangovers and fresh snow, and a new alternator.

We were now behind schedule so it was a quick stop at Wall Drug, then on to steruis and we just had to see Deadwood.

Image Not Found

Deadwood!

Luke, my sidekick for the trip.

We did the last 1300 miles straight threw. Not the best place to sleep.

Well she is home and I'm a very happy new owner. I have some plans for her and will share the progress on this thread.

Cheers, Jason

Well, I got a good nights sleep and decided to start some small things on the Dream MJ.

I'm not a fan of stickers so removed all the exterior stickers except comanche on doors,jeep on hood, and 4.7 on tailgate.

The rear was simply bump stopped by the shocks. So I installed some extended bump stops to both keep the springs from going inverted and save the shocks from being blown out.

I feel the rear corners of bed are not protected well enough, so I'm starting to make templates to build off rear bumper and wrap it around corners. I'll also be adding bump stops to the front soon. Right now the job is done by the shocks like the rear was.

So, today...no more stickers and added rear bumps and a start on thoughts for rear bumper mod.

Pics of stops...

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

got go4lo's build i see,

it was great watching him built it up over the month's

that truck is worth it :thumbsup:

in the end, my jeep will be ending up looking like that,

its what inspired my next mj project to look like (which is now slowly happening)

only difference is i won't make custom rear panel guard :P

can't wait to see more updates on this beauty

If it would be possible could you measure the dia of the tires to see there actual size on the 15 x 8 rim? They look bigger than 34.8 that is listed on Goodyear's web site. I am planing to get new tires and am comparing size to rim and looking for a tire at a 36 to 37 inch dia. Trying to decide between the mt/r w/k and the bfg km2 but neither make a 36 or 37 in a 15 inch rim. So I was hoping that the smaller rim with than is called out for the tire would make the dia bigger (maker says 8.5 to 11 inch width). Thanks Ken

Ok, gotta set this straight. go4lo never owned this rig. woodkrawler built it and cummins48 bought it from him.

I got these for the front end today, and ordered my steel for the bumper and body armor.

If it would be possible could you measure the dia of the tires to see there actual size on the 15 x 8 rim? They look bigger than 34.8 that is listed on Goodyear's web site. I am planing to get new tires and am comparing size to rim and looking for a tire at a 36 to 37 inch dia. Trying to decide between the mt/r w/k and the bfg km2 but neither make a 36 or 37 in a 15 inch rim. So I was hoping that the smaller rim with than is called out for the tire would make the dia bigger (maker says 8.5 to 11 inch width). Thanks Ken

There about 34.5 in diameter on my wheels.

what type of trim is that around the fender wells have any idea?If you have a close up could you post it?don't go out of your way though not a must see thanks.

Its only on outside of fender. does not wrap around like door trim would. I would probably try JCWhitney first, they tend to have this sort of stuff.

Here is a couple pictures. Hope it helps.

Ordered masterpulls Winch Rope M-P Superline XD 5/16" X 100' 21,000lb. w/ H-D self locking hook. Droped 25ft off length that 9.5 comes with in cable. That will keep from having any bind issues if bunching to one side occurs from side pulls. Will have 50ft of add on length with me if needed. Put on my fairlead for it today. Along with my new license plates. Wa makes you run a front plate, this should be good enough..lol.