1991 eleminator flatbed (with 4 harley mufflers)

Wow, the sides on that bed aren't bad...

... how much would you want for it if I decided to drive out there and pick it up?

The sides on my bed are rotted and beat but the floor and inside walls are fine.

Looks like a nifty project.

• 2 weeks later...

yea came from alex, um early july?

a friend gave them to me for free, i looked at'em, looked at the truck, an said *Oo0o yeauh* :DD

lol figured they'd sound good too (going to get a header sometime, 3inch from it to gutted cat, Y to dual 2.5in, Y both those into the harley's(going to gut their baffles too) )

wanting to do a d44 swap next, an maybe ANOTHER 3inchs, total 6-6.5ish? looking for cab visor and rear window louvers too.

lots of other plans... bore stroke/or supercharger way down the road... i like to build thing from the ground up, so they don't break.

60370_1572747594515_1110283588_31654340_1147356_n.jpg

62583_1572747874522_1110283588_31654341_1776049_n.jpg

60878_1572766754994_1110283588_31654376_7494792_n.jpg

59179_1572766954999_1110283588_31654377_5767208_n.jpg

tell me ur not smileing RIGHT now, lol...

wow paint has really went down hill... yea i still have the bed, was planning to make it a trailer... truck is better then how i got it, in terms of ive changed the oil, oil filter, fuel filter, cleaned air filter, fixed a short in wiring, pushed the dent behind drivers door out 4inches so far, re-aligned door an welded hinge. original bed is just how i got it, and i use all the original bed mounts on the frame to mount the flatbed... just spent 380$ in brand new front calipers, rotors, pads. rear wheel cylinders, auto-adj, rebuild kit, shoes, drums, brake lines to the rear...

in other words, trying to build up, no down... and yea i would sell if the price was right. bought to have 4x4 in winter, and to play in summer...

I love creativity as much as the next guy, but really the only point were trying to push off onto you is you joined a website with many if not nearly all the members are passionate about what these trucks were and what they are today. What you started with was a pretty "highly ranked" model of Comanche. sure it was a bit beat up and rusty but for you to go and pretty much throw all the collectivity out of it really gets to some people.

I'm not gonna say wether what your doing is acctually "wrong" or not, All I'm saying is these trucks are growing older everyday so you own a peice of Automotive history no matter what you choose to do with it. All I can say is I hope you wake up every day and smile when you get to jump in your Comanche, no matter what you choose to do with it. ;)

Good Luck and I'm anxious to see your finished product :popcorn:

thanks ComancheKid45. i get what your saying, so far everything Ive done to it is reversible in less then 4hr. i still have the bed, nothing has been cut or thrown away. this is actually my third Comanche, i plan on driving it till it dies, then driving it some more, and yea, like i said before it makes me happy, does everything i want an then some. just can't put it down, I'm not trying to destroy it, just make it unique, and uniquely mine.

its funny i see so many topics with Comanche mods, some of them i find distasteful, but i don't say anything, if that person likes what their doing an what they got then more power to'em. never saw any trash talk. just thought it was outright dumb and immature on how my work gets the hate. I'm 20 an their how old? lol, any who, jamminz.gif ON an thanks again.

• 2 months later...
thanks ComancheKid45. i get what your saying, so far everything Ive done to it is reversible in less then 4hr. i still have the bed, nothing has been cut or thrown away. this is actually my third Comanche, i plan on driving it till it dies, then driving it some more, and yea, like i said before it makes me happy, does everything i want an then some. just can't put it down, I'm not trying to destroy it, just make it unique, and uniquely mine.

its funny i see so many topics with Comanche mods, some of them i find distasteful, but i don't say anything, if that person likes what their doing an what they got then more power to'em. never saw any trash talk. just thought it was outright dumb and immature on how my work gets the hate. I'm 20 an their how old? lol, any who, jamminz.gif ON an thanks again.

I'm 75 and dedicated to preserving Jeeps. However I will not hesitate to modify one if I feel the need, nor will I bad mouth anyone who 'does their thing' with one. That is one neat looking rig and you did a hel,,,,er heck of a great job jamminz.gif