1989-1998 Comanche Limited

Hello Since this is my first post here I figured I would introduce myself and Start My Build thread

Carl Rasmussen

Fuquay Varina NC

I just picked this MJ up last week off of Craigslist for $100

I got this 89 MJ and I am going to transplant everything over from a 98-01 XJ. My plan is to make this look totaly Stock Just like it rolled off the assembly line in 2001

I currently have my eye on a 01 XJ for the donor.

The MJ has a good frame and Cab and that is about it.

I will start Gutting it out this week in preperation for the newer parts.

Here are pics of it when I got it home.

• 1 month later...

Well I went and pick up my Parts Jeep that will supply me most of the parts I need to build my MJ.

The Cherokee is a 98 limited with leather and power driver seat, Cruise, ABS NP242 2wd,4wd-h, 4wd Full time and 4lo. It has a HP D30 in the front and a D35 in the rear.

the prevouse owner had all of the maintenence done at the dealer and with 140k on it the engine look and runs like a 50k motor .

So I got a few thing to finish on some other projects and then I am going to get working on it again

Pictures.

GAve the J10 a work out

Image Not Found

ahh right, forgot about that. I`ve only ever seen one XJ with ABS and the guy got so fed up with it I swapped the brakelines over to regular brakes

Yeah well the ABS light was on when I drove it into Shop last night so we will see how that goes.

ahh right, forgot about that. I`ve only ever seen one XJ with ABS and the guy got so fed up with it I swapped the brakelines over to regular brakes

Yeah well the ABS light was on when I drove it into Shop last night so we will see how that goes.

lol, good luck with that, nice jeeps btw !

• 2 months later...
D35 in the rear of the 98 ??

Figured it would have been the 29 spline 8.25 instead .

ABS= Dana 35

I just picked up a 98 XJ sport 4x4 with a D35 and no ABS

Not all XJs came with the 8.25 without ABS. With that said, ALL XJs that have ABS will have a Dana 35.