86 mj

u wouldnt happen to have a list of parts for the disc conversion would you, by the way good lookin mj

ask mjeff87 for a list of parts if not. he told me the list back when i was asking about doing that. he has a really good pic of all the parts you need spread out also.

Alex

just a zj rear axle with disc brakes and a tj dana44 axle retainer plate or have a spacer custom made. Here is a link to see how its done.http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavist ... index.html

and here is 1 for a tj its the same other than you have to drill the old pattern in brackets. Hope that helps.http://www.stu-offroad.com/suspension/d44brake/bc-1.htm

u wouldnt happen to have a list of parts for the disc conversion would you, by the way good lookin mj

ask mjeff87 for a list of parts if not. he told me the list back when i was asking about doing that. he has a really good pic of all the parts you need spread out also.

Alex

Find a ZJ in the junkyard, and get all this :D The rotors and parking brake pads were trashed, so I'm installing new ones.

Jeff

Image Not Found

No I didnt have to cut firewall. Mine was identical to the 94 xj the engine came from. I have heard that depending on how early in the year the mj was made has some thing to do with how the firewall was made. I had to drill all the spot welds out for the header panel and cut some of the area under the head lights. Move the radiator support from the xj to the mj. It is not hard to do as long as the donor vehicle has the parts on it. I had to drill and tap new holes for the trans crossmember, shorten drive shaft 5". I used the xj dash and wiring harness and steering wheel. It had the full gauge cluster and tilt. The only wiring I used from the mj was to the tail lamps. I had to run an extra wire for the brake lamps becouse the xj uses different bulb for turn and stop so I cut the top light wire and made it a brake light. If anyone wants anymore info let me know.

I used the axle retainer plate for a tj with dana44. I got them from jeep dealer for $4.00 a piece. You will have to cut off the bearings to use the new retainer plate. You do not need the spacer becouse the new retainer has it built in. Hope this helps. redrill with the same pattern that the caliper brackets and backing plates uses. I used a drill press with a 3\8 bit.

• 2 weeks later...