* tint

WANTS :idea:

3-4 inch Lift

Mud Tires

Exhaust

Cold Air Intake

Front and Rear Bumper

Thanks!

I have had it for a couple months now. Other then the lift and couple other things I listed no major plans have been thought of, yet! I'm glad I found a site to help me get some Ideas. I really want something I can play in the mud with. This is my first project vehicle so any ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Zach :cheers:

I strongly urge you not to take that nice rare truck playing in the mud. that thing is clean. plus, you really want a shortbed for fun off-road.

at the very least get factory tow hooks up front and a nice stout rear bumper with clevis or tow hook mounts on it so that when you get stuck, you can recover it properly. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I can suggest is research and plan. Think of where you want to go with it in the end, Be that a simple install or a complete axle upgrade. Be aware of worst case scenario when doing something and just don't give up. a fixed cost is not always a fixed cost ;)

As has been stated the people on this forum seem more then willing to help I have floated here for a long time never getting a membership till recently. I have never seen anything but help (sometimes the oddball moments) from these guys and applaud there attitude.

Cheers, jesse

Edit: haha good catch I missed that lol it is a statement tho

Keep the grill on upside down.

I just flipped it rightside up and I think your right. I like the way it looks better when it was upside down. don't know why, I'm putting it back on upside down. :dunce:

I strongly urge you not to take that nice rare truck playing in the mud. that thing is clean. plus, you really want a shortbed for fun off-road.

at the very least get factory tow hooks up front and a nice stout rear bumper with clevis or tow hook mounts on it so that when you get stuck, you can recover it properly. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It does have factory hooks up front. That is a super nice truck. Like Pat said please take care of it.

The Liberty wheels look great on there. A nice clean Comanche is kinda rare but it doesn't mean don't build it and wheel it!! Its a Jeep, its meant to wheel! The only thing I can say is I probably wouldn't butcher it or cut it up, but I would for sure lift it and wheel it.

Wow !!! I love your truck. I too have a long box '88 Comanche Laredo. I joined this sight just to write you a little note. Hopefully I'll figure out how to put a picture of my MJ Laredo on here. I just recently had it painted. It's only 2 wheel drive, however. I use it mostly as an RV for camping and vacations. Been all over with it. Originally sold it TX it found it's way to FL and then IL where I bought it in 1994. I hadn't realized until recently how rare it is and that there were people interested in them. Good luck with yours.

As far as cutting it up, I have no desire to do that. If it was beat to hell and already ripped on I would then have some serious fun with a sawzall. I wanted just a 3" lift but all I could find with that height was a add a leaf lift and I want a spring pack. Next size up with a spring pack is a Rustys Off-road 4.5" lift,that I have found. I would like to find a good looking rear bumper,this I will attempt to build myself. I think I am going to put 31x10.5 Buckshots. Maybe a rollbar? I am fixing to take some different interior shots to put on here later. It looks goo on the inside. I have thought about a sunroof but still havent talked myself into that yet. as for the motor it is strong running. I just want a cold air intake system and a 40 series Flowmaster dumped behind the cab,I don't mind the noise. what do you all think?

Wow !!! I love your truck. I too have a long box '88 Comanche Laredo. I joined this sight just to write you a little note. Hopefully I'll figure out how to put a picture of my MJ Laredo on here. I just recently had it painted. It's only 2 wheel drive, however. I use it mostly as an RV for camping and vacations. Been all over with it. Originally sold it TX it found it's way to FL and then IL where I bought it in 1994. I hadn't realized until recently how rare it is and that there were people interested in them. Good luck with yours.

Hope to see some pics of your soon.

Ahhh, love seeing another 88 Laredo Longbed! Very nice. The Libby wheels look great, haven't seen them on an MJ before. A nice fresh look. Did you or the PO put them on there?

As Pete pointed out, HellCreek (Tom is a member here and HellCreek is his screename) makes 3" & 4" lift full spring packs for the MJ, and another member/vendor here, MotionOffroad sells a 3" & 4.5" pack that they have made for them. If you also want to use your truck for hauling, they both offer HD packs that offer similar payloads to the factory Metric Tonne (or Big Ton as they were in the states) package. Also, General Spring has full lift packs and HD versions too. Do you know if you have a 35 or 44 rear axle?

As we say around here, welcome aboard! :cheers: Beer is in the fridge, and, uh, don't sit on the tan couch, that's Chico's spot! Oh, and don't be a stranger. :thumbsup: