MJ#2 build w/leafs...NEW PICS

Ok..so you know my first build..Going w/leafs this time to try something different..Friday she was a 2wd bone stock..This weekend she now has a d60 d44 and workin on the leafs up front..Pics are as follows w/one of MJ#1 to remind yall..

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Now start the :smart: remarks..lol

the tubing is going to hold the shackles..the plate that ties to the unibody is still loose so i can adjust in and out to where i need to be..the size of the plates on each side will be changed but want them big enough to incorparate a "front porch" for the winch..Easier to start big and cut down kinda thing..Just like the underside brackets(way to big)..Only 2 days into this thing from being the 2wd grocery getter.. :thumbsup:

I love your first truck.

Being a CJ guy, I can't understand why anyone would want to go to front leaf spring :dunno: . We were always trying for shackle reversals & BDS coil kits. My MJ drives a heck of a lot better than any of my CJ's.

Not being an arse at all, :hmm: but what are the benefits?

I'm a cj guy too. :thumbsup: I have a 78 cj5..I am building what i call a trail truck..Not a mud truck,not a rock crawler,not a hill climber...just a plain ol' all around truck..getting everything aligned and where it was suppose to be on the 1st one was a nightmare..So the build (when going as high as i do) is much easier..Its also more cost effective(have most of what i need)..And its different(to me)..Scan the internet and you get good/bad feedback on doing it...I figure what the hell..I got another one to build after this one so if it sucks i will build #3 like #1.. :ack:

Sharpsburg,GA..fixed that on profile :doh: ..work of art..Nahh..I have been following your progress on here and southern jeeps..what you are doing is crazy..Miller Lite can't make enough image_209027.gif for me to attempt what your doing..I changed the complete interior but thats easy when going back with what fits..I can't wait to see it when your done..I just like going big..1st one is on 36's...this ones gonna ride on 42's..Well see where it ends..Hell its the building the unknown that makes this stuff fun. :drool:

Yep..its still here..Not by the wifes wishes though..In fact I added another jeep to the fleet about 2weeks ago. :nuts: That puts me up to 6 daggum jeeps..I just couldnt pass the deal up. A 2005 grand cherokeee/leather v8 for 1500 bones...Only thing wrong with it is it hit a deer..hood,grill,fender,radiator...paint...poof a new jeep..I'll post a pic if anybody cares to see the latest addition...

Its still early in the build process..She was a 2wd grocery getter 2wks ago but I can tell you from experience the leafs up front is way easier than coils/long arm kit..You can check my other threads..Performance wise I can't tell ya yet though...But i see no downfall to the leafs if you are building a "trail" not a "rock" truck. :shake:

I was talking about it on a thread here a wial back. what did yo use for front springs? for what I want to use the mj project I am building for I think this is the way I want to go. I was toying with the idea of cj front or yj. I like the width. I have a d44 in the Mj so I do not want to swap that out. I was thinking soa and the leafs up front would give me the lift I want.

Ok, first, i think your truck is sweet! the 42's look good on it. it makes my 37's seem small. but it tought i would bring up something. the crossmember for the rear of the leaf spring mount might get in the way of your front drivshaft. i don't know if you were planning on dropping the shaft from on top of that crossmember or what, but it thought i would throw that out there. keep up the good work. :popcorn: