88 Comanche (My Style)..."The Blue Truck"

*EDIT* a small history story

What I began with in Fall 2003, This truck was traded in to my families former Dealership for $400 where my Dad agreed to give me this as my 1st vehicle (I wanted a Jeep truck) if i would help work on it and make it road worthy again. It was pretty rusty and needed some minor suspension work but it was easly savable. I do not have any pictures of it back then but it was a generic light blue Sportruck, only 125k but very tired 4.0L AW4/D30/D35. With some paint and work this is what i started with in Spring 2004.

483442_10151294265099834_559151628_n.jpgI got my license in September 2004 and it all began...

here's a pic or 2 of the transistion period I missed before i began this build thread.

Finally got some new pics of the Truck and finally have reached a point where I'm done throwin stuff on it for alittle while, so what better time than now to show it off. Its not the prettiest thing on the Road but I'm more than proud of it:thumbsup:

Most Recent mods over the past month have been

Motion Offroad Budget Boost

New Tailgate/ Decal

Motion Offroad fender light brackets

4" Aux lights

Aftermarket H4 bulb headlights

and a set of Precision Fuel Injectors

Any options/critisism/suggestions welcome jamminz.gif

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah i like the Chase Truck idea.....its kinda a mix between, Nascar/Baja/and CORR.....idk its the Racefan Comanche thats about the easyest way to put it 8)

Has more stickers than a nascar does! :brows:

Na i don't think so...2 bad i wasnt payed for my stickers either :cry: :brows:

Siskel and Ebert give it two thumbs up :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Chico, Ebert's dead. Fat boring bastard that he was. Nice job. :chillin:

Siskel is dead. Ebert is still alive but lost his voice to cancer.

Willy

I guess that shows what an impression they both made on me. :D

• 1 month later...

Well i havent been in here for awhile but i have made a minor change or 2 with my truck.

Its hard 2 tell where i was back in early September i can't seem 2 remember :roll:

Anyway i swapped all my front lenses out for aftermaket clear 1s yesterday and installed a set of Sylvania Siver Star bulbs in my Auto Pals. Other that that its been doing its job great and with my new job ill be making some decent money so I'm sure I'm not finished with it yet :D

Where can you find the clear lenses for our trucks?

I got mine off Ebay......just type in "Jeep Clear marker lights" or something around there and youll get plenty of options :cheers:

I love your raptors! they look like quite a bit of fun! I'm trying to save up to buy something like that after my friend bought a kfx400. I rode it and now I'm addicted :D

Theyre a Blast.......I race the GNCC series with them, i finished up my season a few weeks ago so I'm doing some revamping on em for 2009 :brows: :D

Where can you find the clear lenses for our trucks?

I got mine off Ebay......just type in "Jeep Clear marker lights" or something around there and youll get plenty of options :cheers:

I love your raptors! they look like quite a bit of fun! I'm trying to save up to buy something like that after my friend bought a kfx400. I rode it and now I'm addicted :D

Theyre a Blast.......I race the GNCC series with them, i finished up my season a few weeks ago so I'm doing some revamping on em for 2009 :brows: :D

• 2 months later...

Well over the Holidays the Comanche got a few gifts from myself and a new CB from my parents. :D

Most recently installed this morning are a new set of Crager D window 15x8 rims jamminz.gif

Also a CB/Pa System and a new CB whip to go along with it, I have 1 more set of lights to be mounted yet than I'm finished with the truck for alittle as attention turns back to the Quads in preperation for 2009! :yes:

here's so dirty but new pics of the truck from this morning

Image Not Found

Image Not Found