new title: 2.5 -> 4.0 swap

If anyone's around this weekend and wants to wrench a bit, or just come hang out and drink beer, project 4.0 swap is getting underway. Also, WahooSteeler is (hopefully) coming down with his MJ to do some work on. I bit the bullet and finally rented a 20X30 storage facility for the next couple months jamminz.gif

I might toss a pork shoulder on the grill/smoker early AM for dinner, and pick up some local corn too.

Jeff

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Sounds like it is going to be a heck of a wrench Party jamminz.gif Good Luck !!

BTW Wish I'd be closer to help but... Would You mind sending some beer and some pork shoulder over this way? :brows:

I'll be more than happy to assist on those items... :cheers:

Peace. ;)

there will be plenty of pics, rest assured......I'll post a few up in the morning of the host facility. Kind of a before-and-after thing, it's all so clean and shiny now. No telling what it'll look like in a month or so :D

I've already started the "empty Bud Light Can" memorial, too. Good thing there's a dumpster nearby.

Jeff

I've already started the "empty Bud Light Can" memorial, too. Good thing there's a dumpster nearby.

Jeff

:cheers: Rest assured that even if distance may seem to be an issue .. I will also do my part 8)

Couple shots of the work area:

Image Not Found

AX15 and 231:

Image Not Found

4.0 in process of being rebuilt:

Image Not Found

All the rest of the crap that needs to be swapped in:

Image Not Found

yeah Don....it is like working inside a soda can. The adjoining unit is my neighbor's and he's got a few fans in there I'm gonna "borrow" if it gets too bad, but it's actually supposed to cool off here this weekend to the low 80's

We'll swill down a few High Life's in your honor, too ;)

funny you should mention the blowfish thing, i think i felt some of the symptoms coming on again, just today in fact. usually they start acting up whenever there is a camera around or i start sweating. and the combination of the two, jeez, i really seem to have a relapse. thanks for thinking of me though chico, you're a good ghey, errr, guy. :D

Jeff,

PM me some location/directions/times. Not really sure of my schedule this weekend, but currently I'm doing nothing. Not sure if my MJ could make the trip or not, might have to drive the other jeep.

-Sean

Couple shots of the work area:

Image Not Found

Man........That's not a shop, to darn clean :shake:

You got to build some shelfs to fit all the extra parts in, and still have a little room to pull a MJ in to work on..........

Kind of like this-

Course I know your just moving into your shop, it took me about 2 weeks to fill that one corner of my shop :D

And you want another header???? You got like 10 on that one shelf!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

Yea.......I don't have a Chrome one :D

Yet :cry:

Plus, I just added another one to the pile.......after that picture :brows:

Some of them headers are junk, and in the pile for the little parts, others are good ones........around here, headers are hard to find.......lot's of rear end crashes, and the headers just don't hold up to them rear enders :oops:

I just posted that to give MJeff an idea what his shop should look like......after a couple months :D

Man........That's not a shop, to darn clean :shake:

You got to build some shelfs to fit all the extra parts in, and still have a little room to pull a MJ in to work on..........

Kind of like this-

Course I know your just moving into your shop, it took me about 2 weeks to fill that one corner of my shop :D

Are you sure you posted the right picture? That looks like my 24x32 garage at my last house. My then wife always complained about having the largest single car garage in town :D