Comanger????

Wildman

I heading home tonight, and 3 doors down the street, I see this, turn around and good thing I had the camera with me, cause you guys would not believe me, So feast your eyes on this -

11924130_1024.ts1184284799000.jpg

11924276_1024.ts1184286713000.jpg

11924141_1024.ts1184284813000.jpg

11924277_1024.ts1184286723000.jpg

11924278_1024.ts1184286731000.jpg

And yes, that is the '91 model year Step Side :teehee:

So......the owner comes out, and we get talking, and he never knew there was a ComancheClub........where's the mag cards when I need one?? I filled him in, and he should be joining here shortly :D

I'll let him explain all the details to that step side Comanche jamminz.gif

This is the same one that I was seeing last year, and tonight, I got close to it :brows:

And yes, I told him that I would find him a new rear bumper.

The Dually - didn't some one have one on e-bay last year??? Was out in CA.

Clamed it was a factory dually :nuts:

Yea, this step side looked really good, and the owner told me how easy it fit on the uni-frame.

Yea, this step side looked really good, and the owner told me how easy it fit on the uni-frame.

Please tell or pm me with the details. I am looking now using the S-10 box no lines to match up with. Not knocking his it is nice to see some one to think out side of the box.

If only the lower body lines met up a little closer. Then it would be a perfect match. I think he should upgrade the front clip, just to make it all look more complete.

It does look good overall though, I will give him that.

The Dually - didn't some one have one on e-bay last year??? Was out in CA.

Clamed it was a factory dually :nuts:

not to steal the thread or anything, cause the stepside is badass

of 9 or 10 factory dually's, that is the only one to survive in the continental us. the other is in hawaii, and is run with a flatbed. they had dana 44's from factory, with an adapter/spacer kit to allow for dually's and a spacer system on the front. upgraded braking system (rotors etc.) to account for more hauling, and rumour has it the springs were heavier duty than the 1 tons.

this one's a full resto and conversion to a HO from a 1991 cherokee.

n69205416_32091694_6382.jpg

n69205416_32091695_6625.jpg

n69205416_32091696_6864.jpg

n69205416_32091697_7106.jpg

n69205416_32091698_7344.jpg

n69205416_32091704_8789.jpg

n69205416_32091705_9031.jpg

n69205416_32091706_9275.jpg

n69205416_32091707_9518.jpg

n69205416_32091709_9994.jpg

and yes, I've done waaaay to much research.

I agree with the body line that is why I am now leaning toward the s-10 bed the bottom step is thicker. To match the bottom body line and the top body line the s-10 does not have. So we where thinking about a pinstripe to run down the side the truck out to the bed to make it appear to have a body line to match the truck. Now that my wife has seen this it is time to get moving on her truck.

If only the lower body lines met up a little closer. Then it would be a perfect match. I think he should upgrade the front clip, just to make it all look more complete.

It does look good overall though, I will give him that.

uh...i think I just found out my next MJ project...

like i need one, but a ranger bed is easy for me to get. and a 2wd comanche is near me with a nice cab, frame, and front end other than the clip and fender

and there's a 98 xj that's not for sale but has been hit hard in the rear...could get for cheap.

thinkin altezza rear lights, full 98 conversion (engine, exterior, interior) possibly a lowrider?

I love this idea!!! a ranger bed on a comanche. so what year was the ranger? I am so going to look into doing this.

god, i wasn't reading the other night. the bed was off of a couple of 91ish rangers. cool. it's something to think about.

I heading home tonight, and 3 doors down the street, I see this, turn around and good thing I had the camera with me, cause you guys would not believe me, So feast your eyes on this -

photos here:

And yes, that is the '91 model year Step Side :teehee:

So......the owner comes out, and we get talking, and he never knew there was a ComancheClub........where's the mag cards when I need one?? I filled him in, and he should be joining here shortly :D

I'll let him explain all the details to that step side Comanche jamminz.gif

This is the same one that I was seeing last year, and tonight, I got close to it :brows:

And yes, I told him that I would find him a new rear bumper.

Hay wild man .I am very happy to join the comancheclub. I never thought about talking pictures when I did the swap on my comanche. however, it only took me two weeks after work and on weekends. driving it in primer.I know that the bed came of TWO rangers one crashed on drivers side, the other on the passengers side..the junk yard gave me two the for $250.

maybe we could get together and take the sides off they are only bolted to the bed 10 on each side take some serious photos . and I can explain the small cutting need to be done on the ranger bed. there are a few issues that need attention. the filler tube needs to be retro fitted parts at any hdwe store. also the front bed straps on the comanche must be retained for the fuel tank . I never dropped the tank . just use a spot weld cutter to brake free from the old bed.

I hope this helps every one who is (like me wanting to save my comanche) I Also I looked into making an s-10 bed work ,their was too much for me to make it happen the ranger made it fun to do and prove my brother wrong. Just one more thing the rear wheels are not exactly in the center of the opening. and the front of the bed was shaved to match the bottoms of the rocker panels. AND YES I LOVE MY COMANCHE

your new friend bob kane

:cheers: welcome :cheers:

I agree with the shaving of the rocker on the s-10 and those flare thing that go out to the cab. But i am going to look at them a little closer and see what i can come up with. I am think fuel cell in the bed or something goofy like that. But it is nice to see some one think out side of the "box"

[quo

Hay wild man .I am very happy to join the comancheclub. I never thought about talking pictures when I did the swap on my comanche. how ever, it only took me two weeks after work and on weekends. driving it in primer.I know that the bed came of TWO rangers one crashed on drivers side, the other on the passengers side..the junk yard gave me two the for $250.

maybe we could get together and take the sides off they are only bolted to the bed 10 on each side take some serious photos . and I can explain the small cutting need to be done on the ranger bed. there are a few issues that need attention. the filler tube needs to be retro fitted parts at any hdwe store. also the front bed straps on the comanche must be retained for the fuel tank . I never droped the tank . just use a spot weld cutter to brake free from the old bed.

I hope this helps every one who is (like me wanting to save my comanche) I Also I looked into making an s-10 bed work ,their was too much for me to make it happen the ranger made it fun to do and prove my brother wrong. Just one more thing the rear wheels are not exactly in the center of the opening. and the front of the bed was shaved to match the bottoms of thr rocker panels. AND YES I LOVE MY COMANCHE

your new friend bob kane

Bob - Welcome to the ComancheClub :waving: :jump:

Glad you came on, there's been alot of interest on your project, and I hope you don't mind the name I gave it :yes:

I'm sure you will get some other's looking for answers on how your project went, with fitting the Ranger step side on the MJ.

Also, I have not said anything about how you came up with cap corners, and I think you should just jump out there and explain how you solved that problem too.

You'll notice things are pretty relaxed around here, not like some of the main line boards, most of us just try to do the same thing you did, and that's to preserve the Comanche ;)

If you get over in the hood again, take a look in the back yard, and had to move a couple of MJ's over here, and there are 4 of them here now, still acouple over at the shop, and stop in the shop some day on your way down Broadway :brows:

Hay wild man, I like the name ya gave my comanche .My nephew workes at the jeep dealer on transit .He calles it the JORD. either way this is way cool how the jeep keeps making friends. I have ben driving them for over 32 years . have 2 cherokee's my wife & son I also have a 1950 willys wagon two wheel drive. got it 8 years ago and still havent finished it yet. but when its done . I sure hope it gets the raves Like my pick up !!!!!!

AS you were saying I forgot to mention how I saved my cab corners when I did the bed swap . SO here goes guys and girls. before I scraped the origianal bed . I cut from the top of each tail light back about 12 inches using the top rail of the pass side on the drivers cab corner and the oposite one for the passengers side they are so close with a little metal work and you can fab your own cab corners.

Also I had to drop the helper springs and one leaf from each side to make her ride better.

bob kane

• 4 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Is there any details on what needs to be modified to a late 90's to possible early 2000's ranger bed fleet side. I'm might have found one but am looking for info on what needs to be done in order for it to fit. I'm not a ford person but might get it for the right price and i need one bad.