Hey Rob, automan, can you have your guy get me pics of this?

shelbyluvv

That's pretty damn yummy. A Limited MJ. Looks to have leather buckets too...... Wonder if they flip forward and have power seat bases.......

I'd love to do a Metric Ton dually in Limited trim.....

Damm troy, you really are fetishizing the dually thing aren't ya?

Looks like a modified Laredo. Beautiful truck.

Jeep_comanche_Laredo_longbed_1988.jpg

what year were the laredos? i thought i knew a few things by now but I'm ignorant as to those lower body panels. only ever saw them in one pic once. they must be very rare. this one is gorgeous too.

what year were the laredos? i thought i knew a few things by now but I'm ignorant as to those lower body panels. only ever saw them in one pic once. they must be very rare. this one is gorgeous too.

Pretty sure the MJ Laredo trim level models were offered in 87-88 only.

There's a very old local guy (85+) in my town who has a white 88 Laredo w. a D44, cargo light, 4x4, towing package, metric ton, and many other other goodies he bought new. About 88K on it and he starts it regularly. He special ordered just about every option offered at the time, even the super rare AM/FM/CD player. It's been up on blocks for at least 10 years since he stopped driving it and I've been trying to buy it for about as long. He can't drive anymore, all alone, and can barely walk. But he still has plans to drive it again. I like talking to him a lot and stop in every now and then to yak-yak. He's a very knowledgeable Jeep/Studebaker guy and has a lot of stories to tell. And yes, he has a couple of nice Stude pickups too that run and drive fine. Won't sell those either.

There's a very old local guy (85+) in my town who has a white 88 Laredo w. a D44, cargo light, 4x4, towing package, metric ton,

i have all that except stock 4x4, did that one myself

There's a very old local guy (85+) in my town who has a white 88 Laredo w. a D44, cargo light, 4x4, towing package, metric ton, and many other other goodies he bought new. About 88K on it and he starts it regularly. He special ordered just about every option offered at the time, even the super rare AM/FM/CD player. It's been up on blocks for at least 10 years since he stopped driving it and I've been trying to buy it for about as long. He can't drive anymore, all alone, and can barely walk. But he still has plans to drive it again. I like talking to him a lot and stop in every now and then to yak-yak. He's a very knowledgeable Jeep/Studebaker guy and has a lot of stories to tell. And yes, he has a couple of nice Stude pickups too that run and drive fine. Won't sell those either.

Wow Don... That thing must be a gem. I wish I could see it... Especially that CD player! I would love to find one of those. As for the years, I want to say that part of me agrees with you, but part of me wants to say '87-'90. I could have swore that I've seen a '90.

Rob

As for the years, I want to say that part of me agrees with you, but part of me wants to say '87-'90. I could have swore that I've seen a '90. Rob

The reason I say 87-88 is because I have a Jeep MJ factory body repair manual that shows all the decals and moldings for the various trim levels. 87 and 88 are the only years listed for the Laredo. It lists the available body side moldings as Silver/Argent or Gray Textured.

But who knows with Jeep back then. There were probably left overs that were sold as 89 or even 90 models. :dunno:

Looks like a modified Laredo. Beautiful truck.

Jeep_comanche_Laredo_longbed_1988.jpg

Those side trim moldings look just like 95-96 XJ "Country" side trim pieces.

My 88 XJ laredo used those same style of moldings, the 96 XJ "classic" had those in body painted color. They were also on the Briarwood edition too.

I'm on my phone so I can't really do a good job searching, but I thought there was a guy on here that had a build thread for a white MJ Laredo and it was a 1990. I was skeptical at first, but he's in Canada so I figured Jeep did something goofy for our northern pals.

I'm on my phone so I can't really do a good job searching, but I thought there was a guy on here that had a build thread for a white MJ Laredo and it was a 1990. I was skeptical at first, but he's in Canada so I figured Jeep did something goofy for our northern pals.

that was me,

guy i bought it from advertised it as 1990,

until i got my build thread from Chrysler which stated it was a 1988 :thumbsup: