Decal Graphics - Custom Made

Zenobian_84

5/24/2017- Made an addendum to update this thread with other, non-Jeep or AMC related graphics I may make at a later date. Carry on.

- - - - - - - - - -

Can't remember who it was, but somebody had a cool decal of the AMC logo with the "Toughest 4 Letter Word On Wheels" slogan from the Jeep days of old. I thought it was really sweet, but could never find one online. Knowing it was probably custom made, I decided to whip up a few and share 'em here. They're just templates, so don't expect to be wanting to order these things. If you don't like 'em, that's fine. I was just working with the most basic of designs, so... yeah. I really should have been getting some sleep {SMILIES_PATH}/umn.gifBut without further ado, here they are.

# 1 - 1997+ Standard XJ/MJ Conversion

#2 - 1997+ Clear Lighted XJ/MJ Conversion

#3 - Standard MJ/XJ 10 Slot Grille

#4 - Amber Parking Assembly MJ/XJ 10 Slot Grille

Those are pretty cool. :thumbsup: I'm gonna have to take that in and have it made up. I know a place here in town that will make any type of graphics you want in vinyl any colors. Something like that would cost about $12

• 1 month later...

Decided to make some more decals in my spare time. This time, inspired by a post over on IFSJA showing the decal on a factory bumper setup. I figured I'll post some more on here, and eventually post all I have over on IFSJA. If anyone on here has a request for a factory decal / design, or something custom, shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do. It's free, and I only ask that if you use any of these designs on this thread, that you upload a picture of it in action. :thumbsup:

Jeep "Special Equipment" Sticker found on factory FSJ Truck Bumpers (- the "Manufactured by Flex-N-Gate")

80's AMC/Jeep B/W Logo

1987 2.5 Emissions Decal (w/out Vacuum Routing Diagram) - This one took me about 2 hours to make :fs1: Came out very nice, I think. Left it big so it's readable / adjustable if anyone goes to get it made up. Will probably make up emissions decals for 1986-1992 for the 2.5 / 2.8 / 2.1 / 4.0 engines / drivetrains.

Would love it if someone could get a picture of a 1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L emissions label. I need to make one up to read 1997 Jeep Comanche. :D

Love your work Red, do you have a source that can make the labels with the oil resistant gloss coating?

Would love it if someone could get a picture of a 1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L emissions label. I need to make one up to read 1997 Jeep Comanche. :D

Love your work Red, do you have a source that can make the labels with the oil resistant gloss coating?

I made one a year ago for my 92, but I made it read 92 Comanche with the 99 XJ diagram (retrofitted for the MJ fuel tank).

Red Rocker, what program are you using to build the decal? I used Illustrator and thought it worked pretty slick.

I made one a year ago for my 92, but I made it read 92 Comanche with the 99 XJ diagram (retrofitted for the MJ fuel tank).

Red Rocker, what program are you using to build the decal? I used Illustrator and thought it worked pretty slick.

Currently using GIMP / Editor by Pixlr. GIMP for the writing and Pixlr for all the linework / vacuum diagrams. All and all, a complete decal usually takes me around 2 hours to make.

Also, as far as the Resistant Gloss coating, you're on your own sadly. I just whip up the diagrams, I don't actually print them out and everything.

Example of a finished Door VIN decal.

------ NOTE -----

Also, it seems there's a bit of confusion. Gotten a few PMs from members about wanting a few different decals shipped off to them for $.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I do not physically make these decals. I merely bridge the gap and offer a .jpg file for the users here to download, and take to a graphics shop to have made up. If I had the resources to make them myself, I would; but sadly, that's not possible right now. :(

But hey, free stuff is still good, right? :thumbsup:

------

On a related note, if anyone wants a specific graphic that I have not posted up made for them, shoot me a PM with info on what it is (whether it be Door VIN or otherwise; Door VINs will be a PM thing, as I do not want to have 70 posts of them up here in the thread.) and I'll see what I can do. Remember, this is just a hobby I do in my spare time, so if I don't immediately get back to you for a while, don't take it the wrong way. :thumbsup: :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

For you (two?) Diesel guys out there. This one's for you. :thumbsup:

Here's some FSJ Specific ones I did a week or so ago. Haven't done too many Comanche specific ones in a while.

Jeep Gladiator Fender Emblem

Kaiser Era(?) Jeep Fender Emblem

I've gotten a few requests for VIN graphics; which are in the process of being made, along with some other graphics (just been very busy these last couple of weeks both in and out of work umn.gif )

I want to let everyone know what they can expect when they ask for a VIN; and what I need to know if you want one made up.

VIN #

Year

Engine

2x4 or 4x4

SWB or LWB

Email address

and a link to your Comanche Registry page if possible.

Another note.

Every VIN Graphic will be set to when emailed:

775 x 206 PIXELS not INCHES ---- This is about 9" x 2 1/4" (original is 8" x 2") if printed out exactly as such. Absolute lowest reccomendation for a clear, legible print is 750 PIXELS WIDE (any lower and text becomes hard to read).

And for absolutely NO reason should you alter this VIN to set it to INCHES instead of in PIXELS. Not only will it become distorted and fuzzy, it's just not worth it. Since I didn't make the original in inches format, I am not going to do as such. Any respectable graphic shop can adjust it correctly if for whatever reason you want it dimensioned in inches.

That is all. Jeep on! comanche.gif

EDIT:

If you happen to know the MONTH that your Jeep was built in (asking a lot here, I know :( ) I would appreciate you letting me know it. I don't have access to data files like a Jeep tech does; and I'd like to have the Month/Year format on the sticker, but If I don't have a month, I can only put down this down ------- > ? / 19xx

• 4 weeks later...