Photos of Street Comanche damage

MJRemi

I spoke to the resident (Mr. Santos) about the truck. He sold it last year to his friend. His friend wrecked it and had it towed to Santos' house about a week ago. The insurance adjuster is scheduled to inspect and valuate the damage next week. If it is deemed Totaled, they will haul away to JY. I told Santos I will keep in touch with him and his friend to prevent the Crusher Fate if possible.

Below are the pics I took in the limited space I had to work with. I did not see any frame or axle damage.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

The missing piece is in the bed and looked scraped but not destroyed to the best of my recollection. However, I did not remember to specifically examine it. When I go back in a few days, I will take a pic of it.

Thanks for your efforts Remi. :cheers: Looks like a rear overload leaf was pulled in a feeble attempt to lower it, as well as other chassis "modifications". Probably contributed to the fool wrecking it. Also I love the installed Stull tubular grille. :ack: The left axle shaft at least is toast. But definitely it should not be totaled. I never noticed the unique rear bumper before. Kinda like a front bumper on the back.

Well, keep in touch and let us know what's happening. Damn sure we can prevent this MJ from the crusher.

if the damage exceeds the value of the car they will consider a loss and the best that you can get out of it is to buy it back and get a salvage title for it. :brows: the plus side is that if you are still interested you may get it for a really good price or free :dunno: . The header panel on our 96 cherokee was cracked and the hood bent results from a teen age driver. the claims adjuster comments where that the vehicle was a loss :fs1: mom & daughter where totally upset and :headpop: gave me a call to help them out of this mess. the funny part of this is, that four folks came out and gave the car a look over and where foaming from the mouth. maybe had some :idea:. when i got there and told them i was taken it back the guys look like i have just taked there best friend away from them :( , :yes: :cheers: i repaired the damage for two hundred bucks with jy parts :banana: and the girls where happy got the best dad award for the day.

If the right person tried their hand at it, I bet that rear bumper could get straightened out. Yes its a big dent, but thicker steel can be very nice to work with.

says the miracle worker..... :D

if the damage exceeds the value of the car they will consider a loss and the best that you can get out of it is to buy it back and get a salvage title for it.

This varies from state to state and company to company.

I wrecked an 88 Ranger.. State Farm totalled it out. I bought it back for $300. I kept my original clear title back. In Illinois, over 7 years old and you can get the clean title back.

if the damage exceeds the value of the car they will consider a loss and the best that you can get out of it is to buy it back and get a salvage title for it.

I wrecked an 88 Ranger.. State Farm totalled it out. I bought it back for $300. I kept my original clear title back. In Illinois, over 7 years old and you can get the clean title back.

:agree: i should have made my self a bit clear here in virginia we would get a salvage title if it has been considered a loss, as for how long it stays in a salvage status :dunno:

:agree: i should have made my self a bit clear here in virginia we would get a salvage title if it has been considered a loss, as for how long it stays in a salvage status :dunno:

once the vehicle gets a "salvage title" it will always have one unfortunantly. :roll:

once the vehicle gets a "salvage title" it will always have one unfortunantly. :roll:

Unless the dash from another truck is swapped in...

Brandon

Unless the dash from another truck is swapped in...

Brandon

You can swap a dash all you want but unless you get the "clean title" along with the dash so the VIN #'s match MVD won't inspect/smog/register it at all

Or until you go through one of the various processes (either legal or illegal) to get a clean title.

Or until you go through one of the various processes (either legal or illegal) to get a clean title.

Yup... In Illinois.. you can get it converted to a clean title. But it is quite the process... you have to have receipts for every part needed to get it good again, and have it inspected. Plus some other things.. then the Sec of State police come out put a new VIN plate on it and you get a clean title.

I hope it works out Remi! Just let me know about the springs and what not. I've still got 'em here.

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets totaled out. Years ago after I had first gotten my '87, I was rear ended. Mangled the bumper, put a wave into the tailgate and a baseball sized dent in the bedside right below the taillight and they looked at it for about 5 minutes and immediately said it was a total loss. I bought it back from them and got paid another $800 or something like that and drive it just like that until I parted the truck out. Only thing I changed was the bumper.