Gonna kill me a dog

jimoshel

even if she is sweet, cute and my closest friend. Was getting strange feelings and noises from my mid section, realized I hadn't had a thing to eat all day. Coffee and a cinnamon roll for breakfast. Fixed me some supper, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy and cole slaw. Sat down and realized no drink, so placed the plate on the end table and got a glass of milk, came back and the plate was empty, cole slaw all over the table and my books, and a dog with a smile on her face looking at me. I am sitting here eating out of a can of Franco-American spaghetti with meat balls and sauce and the dog is sound asleep with a full belly. She's gonna die.

Natural dog behavior. Sweet, cute, best buddy all disappear when unguarded human food is within reach. I remember one Thanksgiving when the turkey was cooling down on the table, and Kelly, the Norwegian Elkhound grabbed it and trotted outside with it through an open door with the wifey screaming and chasing after her in the backyard. LMAO. Canned ham Thanksgiving that year. :D

Not my dog, I can leave food out on the table all day long and he won't touch it. Hell I keep an open bag of dog food in my bedroom and he won't eat from it unless I tell him to.

But then again I raised my dog right. :rotf:

Not my dog, I can leave food out on the table all day long and he won't touch it. Hell I keep an open bag of dog food in my bedroom and he won't eat from it unless I tell him to.

But then again I raised my dog right. :rotf:

If my cooking was so bad that not even a dog will eat it,,,,, :rotf:

sucks for you! my dog doesnt do anything unless i give him the go ahead. i can put out a steak on a plate and he won't touch it. now if it was on the floor he might but the plate would throw him off. got to love those huskys

My dogs watch me. If I eat it, they will eat it. And as for her past misdeeds. When she woke me up this morn, licking my face and wagging her tail, all was forgiven. How do you explain this to a non-animal lover?

Gus is an ill-mannered obnoxious little Cocker with an attitude. He eats 3-4 times his own body weight daily and never gets fat because he's out back chasing the trespassing critters all day. But he's my best buddy and always will be. :D

There is a reason they are called "dogs"

a : canid; especially : a highly variable domestic mammal (Canis familiaris) closely related to the gray wolf b : a male dog; also : a male usually carnivorous mammal

2a : a worthless or contemptible person b : fellow, chap

3a : any of various usually simple mechanical devices for holding, gripping, or fastening that consist of a spike, bar, or hook

I liked this English Definition "a worthless contemptible".

I once had a delicious Mountain Mike Pizza delivered only to have it pillaged by our old Cocker Spaniel Bridgette. No guilt, no apologies, just the happy face, snoring, burps, and farts the rest of the evening. :jump:

Took me a while, but I got Zeke to only eat when I gave him the go-ahead. Doesn't help much that my room mates dog didn't get the same sort of training...so you still need to keep a close eye on your food.

Now, if I can only figure out how to get Zeke to stop pooping in my house when it's warm out. Damn Nordic breeds only like to go outside when it's cold :D

Right from the get go with Zeus he was only allowed to eat when I gave him the go ahead, now 3 years later it can almost be annoying because I have to tell him a half dozen times to eat.

I remember one morning I put his food out and was in a hurry to get going and told him like 3-4 times but he must have sensed the annoyance in my voice because he didn't go right for it, finally just went "I gotta go I don't have time for this" I came home at 5pm and his food was still there.

Yogi bear is such good heart, laid back but will eat my plate anytime if its near the edge of table. hes mixture of german spehard and husky. love to go outside in any weather. :roll:

great! after read and type this post make me miss my yogi much more now.

I have several dogs that are gone now. I miss those dogs more than I do a lot of people I knew that are gone now.

I'll probably being saying that when I'm your age Jim. I've loved dogs my whole life, matter of fact I'm pooch-sitting for some friends as I write this. Can't imagine a world without wet noses.

only had 2 good dogs in my life. one was a german shepherd who mooched like a sonofa (he got fed strictly leftovers for the last 5 years of his life)...and one was a blue heeler/aussie shepherd who only lived to the age of 3. didn't listen well, high strung. easy to train, hard to get him to do something you told him to do the 1st time you tell him. he loved eating things he shouldn't, and went so far as to climb up on a desk and eat rat poisoning to do so...that was the end of that.

I do not deal with begging from dogs very well. I've had two wiener dogs and one retriever mix since then....they were all rescues and have since found new homes as I could not take their bad habits.

dogs are a to each their own type of deal...some are OK with begging and can tolerate it, and the some can not.

I have several dogs that are gone now. I miss those dogs more than I do a lot of people I knew that are gone now.

Me too. Always had a dog everywhere I've lived in the world if I was allowed to. Overseas most were native dogs of the particular country; S. Korea, Guam, Philippines, Kwajalein, Japan, Oz, other places. No matter where, they are just dogs, they are all the same, some better behaved than others, some smarter than others, but all are willing to love you unconditionally with no reservations. How many humans do that?

One of my favorites was a mixed Chow breed we had in Korea. Sadie was a "site" dog at a remote AFRTS (US Armed Forces Radio and Television Service) broadcasting site up near the DMZ. The site was shutting down and after doing a service call there the site chief asked me to take the dog back to Seoul on the UH-60 Blackhawk that was picking me up. I knew Sadie, a very intelligent beautiful little dog, and brought her back to our tiny apartment in Seoul. We kept her for three years, a great pet with the kids walking her every night to do her business, then I was transferred to Guam. Because it was almost impossible to get Korean animals into Guam, I reluctantly gave her to a local friend (the owner of my apartment building) who I was sure would take good care of her. We kept in touch via email, and my friend sent me a taped video about six months later. Sadie had been doing dog food commercials on Korean TV, and was a local canine super star. She could smile on command (I taught her that) and gave an appearance happiness while chowing down the local dog food. I made a few emergency maintenance trips back to Korea from Guam, and always made it a point to see Sadie in Seoul. She retired from commercials at 11 years of age, and had a great life. We all still miss her.

our Beagle named Chaos, (pictured to the left) is one spoiled little pup that is addicted to chicken... and knows that then the chairs at the table move its time to eat! He eats about as well as us. It is cheaper to get a chicken from walmart cook it and be able to feed him for a month for about 75 cents per day.