Hanson Offroad announces MJ Rear Bumper

SuperWade2

I'm in no way tied to Hanson, other than I used to own their TJ bumpers (and liked them) and follow them on Facebook...Looks nice, kinda pricey (like much of their quality stuff).

***NEW*** Hanson Offroad Rear Jeep Comanche MJ Bumper (PN# JMJ4002) is available on pre-order status. They are $499.00 and will be available on our website here in the next few days

16484549010427879537111.jpg

Looks pretty sweet, looks tough too. No place for a license plate though, I guess a bracket mounted to one side would work. 500 is a lot of clams though plus shipping. And then I got to paint it on top of that.

Also, how do you get to the pin for the hitch? :hmm:

Looks pretty sweet, looks tough too. No place for a license plate though, I guess a bracket mounted to one side would work. 500 is a lot of clams though plus shipping. And then I got to paint it on top of that.

Also, how do you get to the pin for the hitch? :hmm:

Hitch is probably not tow rated, notice: no safety chain hook ups, even though it could probably pull more than our trucks can. The pin hole is probably accessed under the bumper.

All of Hanson's bumpers seem over priced to me. But having seen 1/2 a dozen first hand, the build quality is excellent.

If that was on my truck I would probably mount the plate on the drivers side of the bumper and bend it to match the bumper contours.

i like clean and simple but like everyone said couldnt tow with it and license plate place? i thought about it. don't think so 500 for something we can't tow with i ill pass. thanks for the update tho

I see no reason you couldn't use a hitch with it as well.

i like clean and simple but like everyone said couldnt tow with it and license plate place? i thought about it. don't think so 500 for something we can't tow with i ill pass. thanks for the update tho

I agree. The bumper/receiver is probably stronger than any bolt on hitch for our trucks. There are very few bumper mounted receiver hitches sold that are specifically tow-rated for Jeeps. Liability reason I suppose. Just make sure to get safety chain hooks welded on.

I agree. The bumper/receiver is probably stronger than any bolt on hitch for our trucks. There are very few bumper mounted receiver hitches sold that are specifically tow-rated for Jeeps. Liability reason I suppose. Just make sure to get safety chain hooks welded on.

Kind of seems reasonable to have a complete bumper (tow chain hooks and license plate mounting) to be included with a $500 bumper.

If the reciever hitch pin is located on the underside of the hitch the tow chain hooks may also be there. I bought a JCR rear bumper and their hitch was not tow rated due to the expense of qualifing these hitches to be tow rated. I'm sure you could tow with it but as with most products that aren't intended for such use it will be use at your own risk.

With the hitch pin and the tow chains located at the rear of the bumper you have to have extra long chains to go to these locations. I guess that's why it is a custom rear bumper in the first place.

I like it. Adding a plate and lights is easy. I wonder if they would do a group buy to lower the cost?

I doubt it, but that would be cool.

I want to see some side shots and construction shots. I have seriously been considering buying this bumper (help out their pre-sale) to protect my PREFECT bed. Makes me nervous that the will be protected by a Fey.

hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I emailed hanson about the comanche bumper and they said it is currently available for pre order over the phone only at this time. The email also said that the bumper will come with a license plate mount!

Can you get pic's when you have them?

Brandon