Softopper

vaquaro

Finally got off my wallet and ordered a "Softopper " fold-a-way canopy . I've been thinking about it for a year or better and decided it was the best option for my needs . Planning to have a toneau made ( modify my current one )to fit on the Softopper rails for better visibility in city traffic . I'll post some pix in a couple weeks . :D :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Softies look cool on small trucks. Years ago I had a neighbor that built a soft top for his 4x4 Toyota. He build a rigid aluminum frame out of square tubing and had a tent/canvas shop fit and sew the cover for it. Looked good on the truck and was light enough to be installed and removed by himself.

Sorry, no pix.

:D Well guys , here it is , so far I'm lovin' it but getting used to it is a bit of a chore , loosing your side rear vision backing up with only mirrors is a little freeky for now at least :shake: . I'm thinking about painting the cab roof semi-gloss black to pull the look together ( opinions welcome :thumbsup: ) :Canadaflag: for cunucks : Softopper + Cover + Shipping +HST (B.C. & Ont. ) + Exchange =$889.17 image_209027.gif

Have to be honest mate; it just doesn't look right on your great looking red truck. Soft toppers only look good on haze gray, olive drab, or camo painted trucks IMHO w. both the truck and topper w. the same paint scheme. I think if the topper was red like your truck it would be golden. :D And it looks like there's too much of a gap between the cab roof and the topper. It might look better painted semi black, but only if your truck were semi black too. I'm sure it's more convenient than a traditional hard topper, but I still don't like it. You asked for opinions. :brows:

On your cab vents - what on the bottom? Side repeaters/reflectors?

Have to be honest mate; it just doesn't look right on your great looking red truck. Soft toppers only look good on haze gray, olive drab, or camo painted trucks IMHO w. both the truck and topper w. the same paint scheme. I think if the topper was red like your truck it would be golden. :D And it looks like there's too much of a gap between the cab roof and the topper. It might look better painted semi black, but only if your truck were semi black too. I'm sure it's more convenient than a traditional hard topper, but I still don't like it. You asked for opinions. :brows:

On your cab vents - what on the bottom? Side repeaters/reflectors?

Opinions always welcome Don . re: cab vents , they're LED turn signals , great for announcing lane chages :thumbsup: Re Topper , Red wasn't an availible option (blk. ,gry. ,tan ) , the gaps are adjustable as is the front angle and roof hieght ( longer-lower , higher-shorter ) Granted there's more tweeking to do as the fit certainly isn't perfect but I'm pleasantly surprized by the quality of materials and workmanship of this product . :clapping:

You know, I like it. But not as a permanent fixture on the truck. Rather something to be out up when needed. Never been a big fan of the hard toppers.

Did you have to drill any holes in the top bed rail? How does that back window work?

You know, I like it. But not as a permanent fixture on the truck. Rather something to be out up when needed. Never been a big fan of the hard toppers.

Did you have to drill any holes in the top bed rail? How does that back window work?

No holes required , rails clamp on ( same as a hard topper ) . Rear window has zippers on each side , velcro along bottom and corner flaps , also a bar/tube below window that clicks into a bracket at the end of each bed rail . The window can be rolled up and secured or removed completely (front or rear ) Check out the website www.softopper.com . Your comment about not wanting a permanent fixture is the reason I bought this unit , it folds down inside the bed or is easily removed in a couple minutes . :thumbsup:

Finally got off my wallet and ordered a "Softopper " fold-a-way canopy . I've been thinking about it for a year or better and decided it was the best option for my needs . Planning to have a toneau made ( modify my current one )to fit on the Softopper rails for better visibility in city traffic . I'll post some pix in a couple weeks . :D :yes:

nice looking.. but wow almost 6 bills...

I am going to have to get my brother to make a few of his pop up toneau covers that he makes over the winter..

It is a toneau cover with a zipper front nad rear. unzip and fold up the bars, then pull the top up so it becomes a toper...

realy nice unit....

nice looking.. but wow almost 6 bills...

I am going to have to get my brother to make a few of his pop up toneau covers that he makes over the winter..

It is a toneau cover with a zipper front nad rear. unzip and fold up the bars, then pull the top up so it becomes a toper...

realy nice unit....

Sounds very interesting :idea: , tell us more with pics if possible , BTW landed cost was close as dammit to 9 bills . :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

This thread needs pics. :yes:

And for $40 (+S&H) one of these would be a great start to a home-brewed soft topper:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MILITARY-TRUCK-TRAI ... 5adc2f1a26

!B,n302Q!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-DcEkJw1)bDiBKsTI1F0kg~~_3.JPG

!B,n5K+wB2k~$(KGrHqQH-D!Equ5fmE5eBKsTMQf4zw~~_3.JPG

MILITARY TRAILER -TRUCK TARP....HUMVEE....FAIR CONDITION.....SURPLUS....6 + FOOT, WIDE.....7 + FOOT LONG......3 + FOOT , TALL....

THESE TARPS ARE HEAVY DUTY...VINYL CANVAS..HAVE CLIP TIEDOWNS, TO HOLD THE FLAPS....ALSO ZIPPERS IN BACK CORNERS ... ZIPPERS MAY BE LOOSE FROM CANVAS... ZIPPERS MAY WORK...MAY NOT..HAVE SEVERAL OF THESE

.THE CAMOFLAGE PATTERN IS DONE AT THE FACTORY...THEY COME ALLREADY COATED WITH THE DIFFERENT COLORS

THEY WEIGH AROUND 30+ POUNDS EACH...THEY ARE CURRENT MILITARY ISSUE...SURPLUS

THEY WOULD MAKE GREAT TRAILER COVERS....TRUCK BED COVERS....OR JUST HEAVY DUTY EQUIPTMENT COVERS

COVER IS DIRTY ..MAY BE STAINED...MAY HAVE LIGHT RUST...LIGHT ODOR

HAVE THESE IN ANOTHER AUCTION BETTER CONDITION...LITTLE HIGHER PRICE

• 3 years later...