Hey Guys...

SuperWade2

Hey Guys...Just stopping by to say HI... haven't been on much, haven't really posted anything MJ related in a couple months... Been working on getting the TJ back and going and doing quite a bit of work on it (my #1 Ride, sorry)... MJ is now sitting in the street undriven most of the time and looking all sad at me.

I'll get a wild hair up my butt sooner or later and start messing with the MJ again... I'm pretty sure, although not 100% that my Exhaust Mani might need replacing. I haven't looked real close for cracks (nor does it seem real easy from the engine side), but having lost one on the TJ a few years ago, I see some similarities (more power loss than usual, chugging, more banging that usual, gassy exhaust smell inside the cab).

So I suspect I'll resume my barrage of dumb MJ tech questions sometime this summer when I get bored of my TJ again (or run out of $$$ to spend on expensive TJ mods).

SW2

CRAP, they still have it, I just can't change my plans for tomorrow to go get it (I can get it EARLY, but they won't be available)... No chance that the thing is still there on Sunday...they said it just had a flat tire and a some electical issues (mentioned suspected Mouse chewing wires)... this looks like a STEAL (for FREE, plus FREE AAA towing).

DAMN!

Sw2

Hey, its ok. My last big purchase was the Vanco brake kit for the TJ, so the MJ just gets torn apart now. I would like to pick up some axle shafts before I throw on the brakes. You know, the whole year it apart once philosophy.

Hey, its ok. My last big purchase was the Vanco brake kit for the TJ, so the MJ just gets torn apart now. I would like to pick up some axle shafts before I throw on the brakes. You know, the whole year it apart once philosophy.

That's funny, I talked to Van @ Vanco today and I'm doing some work on his website... I hope to do some Barter action for a Hydroboost... I'm also working with SavvyOffroad on their Website too in trade for some of their TJ Aluminum Armor Products.

I might be able to hook you up with a Deal on some Superior Axle stuff if your interested thru Gerald @ Savvy (prices seem better than anything else online).

Here in Ohio that MJ would go for $1800-$2000 even with a flat tire and electrical issues. And more rust.

I suspect that DMV back fees could be 200-300 or so depending...

I'm trying to get someone in my 4x4Club to get it for me...so far no takers, but I've even offered to pay someone for their time to get it for me...we'll see if anyone bites.

Fri May 14, 2010 7:04 pm:

I'll get a wild hair up my butt sooner or later and start messing with the MJ again...

Fri May 14, 2010 7:12 pm:

BTW, just saw this on Craigslist...a FREE MJ is a GOOD MJ... I emailed the guy and said I'd take it...

Wow, that didn't take long, 8 minutes :yes:

Glad to see you're still around!!!

I'll get a wild hair up my butt sooner or later

SW2

Yea, I get them all the time :fs1:

:hmm: In fact........all my hair is Wild :D

Good to see you stop in SW2 :wavey:

Thought you got tired of our harassment.........uh, er, advice..... and was taking a break from us :cheers:

I'll get a wild hair up my butt sooner or later

SW2

Yea, I get them all the time :fs1:

:hmm: In fact........all my hair is Wild :D

Good to see you stop in SW2 :wavey:

Thought you got tired of our harassment.........uh, er, advice..... and was taking a break from us :cheers:

I didn't get it nope...but a guy in my club did, actually the same guy that bought that 87 Black MJ that I owned for a few weeks and bought the 2Dr XJ Carcass that I had for not much longer than that. So it went to a good home and he has enough parts to get it up and running well again... said just some electrical/vacuum lines needing work and some basic stuff, but it actually ran and he drove it up to his driveway.

Yah.... he did offer me one of his "extra" engines for giving him the tip on this one (he's also the guy that gave me the HPD30 that I'm running on my TJ now)...

He said he has an 88, 92, 93 sitting, basically complete that I could have any of if I wanted to do a rebuild/stroker for my 89 MJ... It would take me forever since I've never done a rebuild, but it sure takes the pressure off if it's an "extra" engine that I could get done and then do the swap (minimal downtime)...

I'm assuming the 88 would be the "easist" going Renix->Renix, but the 92/93 would be the HO's and likely better longterm... If I wanted to do the stroker route, would I want the 92/93???

Damn wild hair's...

Sw2