JcrOffroad MJ Stuff Discontinued.

brimy311

Hey Everyone,

We have been once again growing by leaps and bounds. Our sales have been a true blessing, however it has caused us to have to make some major changes. In order to get efficiencies up, we have had to switch to larger scale batch order processing. This means, we have been building large batches of each particular item in order to save time, which in return saves money. It has been quite the process around here.

I know that many of you have probably already noticed, but I finally lost the battle for the Comanche parts we were selling. I have been trying to keep the line-up available, hoping it would not come to this, however the order numbers just are not there. Since we have offered MJ parts, we have sold 14 Rear Bumper, 1 set of Long bed Sliders and 3 sets of Short bed sliders. Since our batches include about 15 bumpers in a batch, it's easy to see that it's just not realistic to produce and sell these anymore. I feel bad, as we spent a good amount of time prototyping and producing jigs and we were one of the only options available. Thanks to those that supported our MJ product line, we have appreciated your business.

I plan to leave the MJ rear bumper mounts available on our site for a little while at least. However, if you are on the fence about them, it's time to buy. If they don't sell, they will be discontinued as soon as the stock runs out.

http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MJRMTS&Category_Code=DPL

Needless to say: The MJ tail light box idea is going to be scraped as well.

Couldn't you keep the jig and stuff and just use it on a one on one basis adding a 'custom charge' to the orders?

Keeps you as a supplier, but also takes into account it's not a big ticket for you.

Else like the others said, sell it to someone.

Hey Everyone,

We have been once again growing by leaps and bounds. Our sales have been a true blessing, however it has caused us to have to make some major changes. In order to get efficiencies up, we have had to switch to larger scale batch order processing. This means, we have been building large batches of each particular item in order to save time, which in return saves money. It has been quite the process around here.

I know that many of you have probably already noticed, but I finally lost the battle for the Comanche parts we were selling. I have been trying to keep the line-up available, hoping it would not come to this, however the order numbers just are not there. Since we have offered MJ parts, we have sold 14 Rear Bumper, 1 set of Long bed Sliders and 3 sets of Short bed sliders. Since our batches include about 15 bumpers in a batch, it's easy to see that it's just not realistic to produce and sell these anymore. I feel bad, as we spent a good amount of time prototyping and producing jigs and we were one of the only options available. Thanks to those that supported our MJ product line, we have appreciated your business.

I plan to leave the MJ rear bumper mounts available on our site for a little while at least. However, if you are on the fence about them, it's time to buy. If they don't sell, they will be discontinued as soon as the stock runs out.

http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MJRMTS&Category_Code=DPL

Needless to say: The MJ tail light box idea is going to be scraped as well.

Well, thanks for making MJ stuff while you did.

MJ people are some of the cheapest Jeep people of all, so if you add the small production numbers, I can see why it would make for low profits.

Keeping the bumper brackets around might be a good idea, but I'm thinking they're probably slow sellers because most people who can make a bumper don't buy the brackets because they can make those too.

Instead of a necessity, it become's more of a convenience thing, and how much time vs money it'll cost to make them vs buy them.

I'm not trying to get you to reset your pricing, or debate what they're worth,

I'm just letting you in on what was my decision process,

I absolutely would've bought them for $50, more than likely still would have for $75.

Beyond that and it made more sense to just cut up my old bumper instead. :dunno:

I was planning on getting some LWB sliders. :fs2: Something tells me that this has a little bit to do with the bumper debacle. Its hard enough to get a company to make MJ stuff. We should have just been happy with the scraps we were getting, and the bumper that was made for us.

Please let us have access to the Jigs. I know I would greatly appreciate it.

Rob L. :bowdown:

I guess I was the 1 person that bought the long bed sliders, they have held up good, I even tied my roll bar into them as well as my tube fenders I am working on.

I thought I was the one guy too. Apparently they sold at least two sets.

• 4 weeks later...

brimy311,

sad but understandable, However its not like you are gonna throw out the jigs or forget how to make them right. So could they be special ordered?? I understand making a special order would get in the way of your other productions, I would assume the mark-up would be a little higher, and maybe whenever you guys have a slowdown in other productions you could put out an ad saying a limited run will be made must pre order with money down. just an idea.

would it still be feasible to get a set of sliders at all even if they cost more????

because JCR had discontinued almost all their MJ stuff I would bet that Brimy will not be stopping by any time soon to check on this thread. your best bet would be to contact him directly through whatever contacts they have on their websites. :typing:

anyone want to build me a set of long bed sliders like JCR, since I can't buy a set from them anymore.

I don't have the skills to weld. or a welder for that matter.

I sent an E-mail to brian stating that I would buy set even if it cost more than original price, he said "no"

So anytakers,

a good quality set at a resonable price?????

guess you don't realize what you got until its gone

the way I see it is they(JCR) are just contracting out the work to fab shops that will give them the best price on multi piece orders % they do not want to continue the MJ stuff cause it will just sit in stock, now in my opinion if JCR was making their parts in-house I see no reason why they would not make special order parts one at a time for a premium cost.

Just my $.02

PS for what some of theses places charge you could by a welder, build your own for about the same or less & have pride in something you made yourself:thumbsup:

If it does and I think your right it is from the complants thats pretty sad. Would he rather a buyer of the bumper try pulling something and loose his trailer and kill some one over being to thick headed to stand behind it and make the part RIGHT. I am sure he could find the right steel or just do not make it with the hitch tube and keep his bussiness? Theres a huge liability with that type of item and the manufacturer has a responsibility to make things right and stand behind them. If a honest complant about a UNSAFE item made him drop all the MJ stuff then I would say its no loss.

Surely a local fab shop could make a set of sliders. Get some one who has a set to get some good pictures and dimensions and go and visit them do not just call and take the truck. There are a couple in my area if you do not have any luck local send me some pics and measurements and I will check around.

I agree on the cost of a welder and such, my reason for buying their products (SWB sliders and r/bumper) was that I live out in the boonies, nearest steel supplier is 100+ miles in any direction. Besides sometimes my time is VERY important to me and I'd prefer to buy a tailor made product.

BTW, I have two welders, 110V MIG and 220V Mig. Could have welded something up, but as usual the one thing I'm ALWAYS short of is time and time is the one thing that is hard to buy (depending on your perspective).

the way I see it is they(JCR) are just contracting out the work to fab shops that will give them the best price on multi piece orders % they do not want to continue the MJ stuff cause it will just sit in stock, now in my opinion if JCR was making their parts in-house I see no reason why they would not make special order parts one at a time for a premium cost.

Just my $.02

PS for what some of theses places charge you could by a welder, build your own for about the same or less & have pride in something you made yourself:thumbsup:

I have been there a few times, and have known these guys for a while, they do make all of their stuff in house. They started out small and are still rather small, just with big sales and good products. They probably stuck with what made them money, and got rid of what didn't, from a business stand point it makes perfect sense. Why put tons of R&D money into something that won't sell.

I hear you bluexj, But what shop would pass up on building 1 set of sliders if a person walked in off the street. the shop already has the jig and knows how to build them, even for a premuim price. I know the more you make in a batch the cheaper the individual product is (usaully).

i know we'd like it if they would keep making the products, but they only have so much space, time, and personnel to produce items. they've grown a lot in the past few years but small companies can't spread themselves out too thin on products that don't sell. that's just how it is. now as for the jigs...i hope they get some good use out of them and pass them on or something.