My 12/26/09 Pik-N-Pull Load..<Pic>

SuperWade2

Any pics of the truck? Not ofter you see an MJ laredo...

Rob L.

Just a crummy cell pic... I thought I had one of the interior, but it must have been the other MJ...There was also the exterior Bed Light that I tried and tried and could not get out...the bolts had been stripped something fierce, and I tried phillips, torx and hex and everything just spun.

img0243oy.jpg

img0248mv.jpg

Those cargo light screws should be brittle if they have been in that long... I would go back and try to break off the tip inside of the cab to free that thing... Should come out then.

Did you at least grab the bezel?

That looks to be an '86, or '87 with '86 badges... Hmm. And I didn't think they had Laredo's yet in '86... Just Base, X, and XLS... Hmm.

Rob L.

The cargo light is installed with a nutsert of sorts. You need to get behind the headliner, open the slider and visegrip the nutsert (on the inside) while you unscrew with your arm outside the window.

Also, for anyone intersted in a chrome tailgate handle, that MJ had one. I didn't pull it.

The cargo light is installed with a nutsert of sorts. You need to get behind the headliner, open the slider and visegrip the nutsert (on the inside) while you unscrew with your arm outside the window.

Also, for anyone intersted in a chrome tailgate handle, that MJ had one. I didn't pull it.

i did pop the headliner down and I only saw the 1 hole that had the wire running through it, but maybe I didn't look close enough...the light wasn't in "great" shape as you can see...

Wade

Sorry wade i didnt find any dykes but i did manage to get the cargo light out but somebody walked off with the switch :no: . but i did manage to come across some lebaron hood vents that are in perfect shape ,sorry no pics at the moment

Sorry wade i didnt find any dykes but i did manage to get the cargo light out but somebody walked off with the switch :no: . but i did manage to come across some lebaron hood vents that are in perfect shape ,sorry no pics at the moment

No worries, I might have left em in the 97 XJ that I pulled the center console out of...oh well, they were cheapys I think.

Yah, the switch was gone yesterday already before I got there too (I pulled the Trans Power/Comfort Switch panel, not that I have a use for it, but I thought someone might)... I usually walk thru looking for the lebaron vents, but was already in there too long yesterday.

I was also hoping to find an engine skid (or tranny or gas tank skids), but I've never seen one on any of the XJ's even that are out there (was hoping the Laredo may have had them on still).

Wade

No worries, I might have left em in the 97 XJ that I pulled the center console out of...oh well, they were cheapys I think.

Yah, the switch was gone yesterday already before I got there too (I pulled the Trans Power/Comfort Switch panel, not that I have a use for it, but I thought someone might)... I usually walk thru looking for the lebaron vents, but was already in there too long yesterday.

I was also hoping to find an engine skid (or tranny or gas tank skids), but I've never seen one on any of the XJ's even that are out there (was hoping the Laredo may have had them on still).

Wade

well i didnt see them in the xj either but i sure want to go back and get the tranny and t case and doors or atleast the tcase but i don't got any more money and i forgot to check and see what they went for . u wouldnt happen to know?

Wade

well i didnt see them in the xj either but i sure want to go back and get the tranny and t case and doors or atleast the tcase but i don't got any more money and i forgot to check and see what they went for . u wouldnt happen to know?

I'm guessing they would have been $$$...that PnP seems to always gouge, and I haven't seen a 50% day or anything special recently. The $16 I paid for the full XJ Console (with Shift boot and mounting bracket) is the best deal I've ever got there... I would have been more upset about what they charged me for the Tail-lights if that hadn't been such a decent deal.

are the tail lights chrome? looks like they are painted gray. keeping or selling? if chrome and selling, i'm interested. nice finds.

Not Chrome, painted silverish (or so it appears), but not "shiny" like chrome...

selling...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ESELX%3AIT

...and I would have posted here first, but felt guilty for having to ask any of the guys here what I paid for them at the yard yesterday just to break even... I wasn't paying attention when I got rung up... I hoped that someone on eBay might want it bad enough so I didn't lose my shirt.

WahooSteeler- You'll never find 'chrome' MJ taillights. The closest you'll get are those silver ones Wade pulled. When they were new, in addition to being painted silver, each tail light slot was trimmed (small line) with chrome. This is always the first thing to wear off...

WahooSteeler- You'll never find 'chrome' MJ taillights. The closest you'll get are those silver ones Wade pulled. When they were new, in addition to being painted silver, each tail light slot was trimmed (small line) with chrome. This is always the first thing to wear off...

Incorrect my friend. They are out there. Needle in a haystack yes, but they are out there. Members on here have found and sold them, I've seen them on jeepforum and ebay, just haven't bought any yet.

I don't know what the rules of the classifieds section is for pimping your own Ebay auctions for stuff, but these tail lights I picked up and put on ebay are already over $100 (20 bids) with over 2.5 days remaining... Surprised... I felt bad paying $28.99/each for them at the time, but I guess I shouldn't have too bad...

Here is a link for anyone that might be interested in following along... If someone one CC.Com wins them for some crazy reason, PM me and we'll work out a deal (at least free shipping :cheers: )

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ESELX%3AIT

the Bucket Seat Bracket/Sliders havn't run up as much as I thought they might...

Only $20 so far - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ESELX%3AIT

Incorrect my friend. They are out there. Needle in a haystack yes, but they are out there. Members on here have found and sold them, I've seen them on jeepforum and ebay, just haven't bought any yet.

Pretty sure G is right on this Wahoo-man. I got a pair of NOS "chrome" tail lights (p/n 56001354 -5) a few years back and while they look like chrome, it's a chrome-like paint that fades over time to silver.

Pretty sure G is right on this Wahoo-man. I got a pair of NOS "chrome" tail lights (p/n 56001354 -5) a few years back and while they look like chrome, it's a chrome-like paint that fades over time to silver.

He said I'll NEVER find the "chrome" ones, and I know they are not truly "chrome". But every once in a blue moon (which is occuring right now LOL), a set pops up on ebay or a forum that someone has been holding on to; a set that hasn't faded. Like I said, it's a needle in a haystack that I may never find, but never say never LOL. :thumbsup: