How many people on here are from Iowa?

pilotblake

I have owned jeeps since the beginning but am relatively new to the comanche scene, I was trying to get a quick feel for who on here lives in Iowa. The closest ORV park to me is timber ridge, and you have to be a member to drive on the property. I have been on trails in colorado in borrowed or rented jeeps but never anything of my own. I am jealous of you guys that live so close to the mountains. I need someone who knows lifted jeeps that I can learn from. This forum is great and has been very helpful.

representing Iowa......

I live in Swisher Iowa....just south of Cedar Rapids, north of Iowa City.... might be heading south of 80 for some wheeling on Memorial Day.... my buddy has an XJ, and I have an MJ, I will get more info on the run and post it....Where are you at...

I live outside of Woodbine, IA. It is like 45 miles up highway 30 from Omaha. I work in Denison, IA. Everybody around me is die hard chevy or ford guys and there offroad rigs are john deeres :wall:.

I live outside of Woodbine, IA. It is like 45 miles up highway 30 from Omaha. I work in Denison, IA. Everybody around me is die hard chevy or ford guys and there offroad rigs are john deeres :wall:.

I got friends that live(d) in Woodbine... I used to drive up from Omaha to visit them... I think one of the twins moved back to Woodbine with her Husband a few years ago... Dad was a cop a few years ago, but I think retired now.

I *was* a Nebraska kid, but moved to Cali just over 10 years ago.

I got friends that live(d) in Woodbine... I used to drive up from Omaha to visit them... I think one of the twins moved back to Woodbine with her Husband a few years ago... Dad was a cop a few years ago, but I think retired now.

Interesting. The only twins that I can think of from that time that fit the description, would be the Alvis twins. But they are much older than me. I'm sure nothing has changed in woodbine since you were here last.

Interesting. The only twins that I can think of from that time that fit the description, would be the Alvis twins. But they are much older than me. I'm sure nothing has changed in woodbine since you were here last.

That's them... Now you make me feel old, cause they are my age...I still chat with Vicki who lives back there now...not sure how long she's been back...

How many were in on those "visits"? 2 or 3? Twins!! your the man. :banana: :banana: :banana:

hat's them... Now you make me feel old, cause they are my age...I still chat with Vicki who lives back there now...not sure how long she's been back...

My wifes uncle works with Frank, Vicki's husband. Have met Frank once but thats about it.

hat's them... Now you make me feel old, cause they are my age...I still chat with Vicki who lives back there now...not sure how long she's been back...

My wifes uncle works with Frank, Vicki's husband. Have met Frank once but thats about it.

I worked with Vicki and Frank another lifetime ago when I was in college...was pretty good friends with them and used to come up for a home cooked meal every now any then...no funny business involved...

I am here too!! :popcorn:

Rockhound is another and there are a few more that want to keep a low profile.

Castana there are a few public runs, one on July 4 weekend (see http://www.ci4wi.org)

Also, another club in Iowa that has 3-4 big events per year (www.miobi.org) lots of great wheeling there, and is open for non members on the few select weekends.

I am here too!!

Rockhound is another and there are a few more that want to keep a low profile.

Norwalk, IA is the closest to me so far at just over a two hour drive. There is a just jeeps of omaha but they are mainly wrangler guys.