score at the junkyard!

Oizarod115

If you haven't already, make sure you get the remote module (should be light blue and mounted at the bottom of the dash, near the driver's right knee).

This may also help:

Sentry System Wiring (.pdf file)

If you need pictures of anything to help you find what you're looking for, i have most of the system in a box around here somewhere. If you are going to do the basic fluid sensors that work off just the display module, let me know, i could put the remote module to good use.

i'm either gonna sell it or go back and pull the rest of it, i found it at closing time and had only taken a screw driver cause we hit up the lot on the other side of town before and got what we needed.

pulled the remote module but didn't bring it home

thinkin bout lookin up the wiring and seeing if i can make it work without the remote box

thinkin bout lookin up the wiring and seeing if i can make it work without the remote box

It should work, but just coolant level, washer, power steering and brake fluid indicators (if you grab those sensors). You may also need to do some splicing to make the clock work; the wiring probably changed between 86/86 and your 89.

If you look underneath the truck, the part of the wiring harness that runs to the axle and transfer case sensors will be pretty obvious. btw, all three of those sensors are the same; the axle sensors are easy to get to, the tcase not so much.

I was never able to figure out where or what the brake pad sensors were. A few chrysler vehicles had brake pad sensors; late '80s lebarons came with a something called a traveler that was basically an electronic version of the XJ sentry system.

Depending on what you grab and want to use for yourself, i might be interested in some of what you don't want. I have an extra display box and some sensors; with the remote control box, wiring and a few more sensors a second working system can be put together and someone else around here can use it.