10 sec 1/4 mile in an mj

project88mj

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even with a 401, 10.xx in a Comanche would be tough. I used to race with a guy who had an original 1969 AMX 390 4-speed. It took trick shocks, slicks, headers, and distributor work to break 14 seconds with that car. A Comanche is too light in the rear to ever hook up for a 10-second quarter mile. I'm inclined to agree it must be an eighth mile track.

Even with a 401, 10.xx in a Comanche would be tough. I used to race with a guy who had an original 1969 AMX 390 4-speed. It took trick shocks, slicks, headers, and distributor work to break 14 seconds with that car. A Comanche is too light in the rear to ever hook up for a 10-second quarter mile. I'm inclined to agree it must be an eighth mile track.

No, it's legit....Very legit. It's Jacobs over at Jeeps unlimited and Jeep Forum. Good guy that definitely knows his stuff. I've been following his build for a while :drool:

And honestly, come on guys, an 1/8th mile track? Stock 4.0 MJ's would have zero problems running low 10's in the 1/8th mile.

A Comanche is far from too light in the rear with the proper suspension setup and tires out back which you can clearly see he has. The Comanche is not a bad vehicle to set up for the drag strip, as evidenced here.

No, it's legit....Very legit. It's Jacobs over at Jeeps unlimited and Jeep Forum. Good guy that definitely knows his stuff. I've been following his build for a while :drool:

And honestly, come on guys, an 1/8th mile track? Stock 4.0 MJ's would have zero problems running low 10's in the 1/8th mile.

A Comanche is far from too light in the rear with the proper suspension setup and tires out back which you can clearly see he has. The Comanche is not a bad vehicle to set up for the drag strip, as evidenced here.

:agree: it should be able to roast em but not be able to hook enough to pull a 10 sec pass

:agree: it should be able to roast em but not be able to hook enough to pull a 10 sec pass

you guys are nuts if you really think any of the following (not you sarcastic folk):

-that's an 1/8th mile track

-an amc 401 can't make a good deal of power

-a pickup truck can't hook up

that's a badass truck right there.... give credit where credit is due.

you guys are nuts if you really think any of the following (not you sarcastic folk):

-that's an 1/8th mile track

-an amc 401 can't make a good deal of power

-a pickup truck can't hook up

that's a badass truck right there.... give credit where credit is due.