Street Comanche #59 - San Diego, CA - FOR SALE

SOLD!! Immediately gone in less than an hour. I will truly miss my beautiful truck.

Hard times are forcing me to sell my beloved Street Comanche that I bought brand new in 1987. It has been the best vehicle that I have ever owned. It is number 59 of 100 with the brass plate on the dash and is the only one like it that I have ever seen. It currently has 206782 miles on it and is still running very strong. It does leak a little oil but not much and has some interior cracks on the vinyl dash and arm rest and a pretty broke down driver's seat but is in overall pretty great condition for its age.

It has the 4.0 liter straight six and a five speed manual transmission. It came with Einke sawblade mags and the tires are in nearly new condition. It is exactly the way I bought it from the dealership in Bakersfield, CA back in 1987. It was repainted in the original Colorado Red color a few years back but I have done no other mods whatsoever. THIS TRUCK ROCKS!!

I have loved this truck and would really like to see it go to someone who would appreciate it and keep it whole.

For photos see:

http://members.cox.net/artborg/index100.html

Naw, It went to a nice man from Oceanside, CA who had owned two other Comanches in the past. He promises to keep it nice "Forever". He was pretty thrilled to get it, as I s'pose he should be. It really IS an awesome truck!

Naw, It went to a nice man from Oceanside, CA who had owned two other Comanches in the past. He promises to keep it nice "Forever". He was pretty thrilled to get it, as I s'pose he should be. It really IS an awesome truck!

"Forever" must be shorter than it used to be. I saw this truck parked on the street 4 blocks from my work on the Oceanside/Vista border. It has been parked with a big "for sale" sign the day after he bought it from you. I am going to go look at it on my lunch hour.

Confirmed!! It is definitely your truck. He wants $3900 for it. Just recently he had a black 87 4x4 MJ for sale parked in the same spot. I think he just flips them for profit but the last one sat for quite awhile due to his high asking price. If anyone else wants to look at it, it's on Melrose Dr. about 4 blocks south of the Vista Courthouse. Sorry I didn't think to write down the ph# listed on the for sale sign. I just looked at the truck and did not make contact with the resident.

Thanks for the info. I knew I was prob'ly selling it too cheap and the deal was too easy... oh well. I really needed the money right now so I grabbed the "bird in hand" when he offered me cash. I just hope someone who will love it like I did ends up with it in the end. Thanks again!

Thanks for the info. I knew I was prob'ly selling it too cheap and the deal was too easy... oh well. I really needed the money right now so I grabbed the "bird in hand" when he offered me cash. I just hope someone who will love it like I did ends up with it in the end. Thanks again!

I wish I were in a position to buy it. Comanches are already rare and the "Street" is an incredible find. I don't think he will get much more than what he paid and i will keep an eye on the truck to see what comes of it.

I would have been all over this truck if I had seen it. Just wish you had published it here first. :( An original owner truck and it looks like you took wonderful care of it.

MJRemi, please keep your eye on it and let me know what happens. Can't blame a guy for trying to turn a profit, but I'd prefer they do it with non-MJs.

MJRemi, please keep your eye on it and let me know what happens. Can't blame a guy for trying to turn a profit, but I'd prefer they do it with non-MJs.

Will do. I also posted the sellers CL link under the "Other" for sale catagory.(sp?)

If I were nearby, I'd offer him exactly what he paid for the thing ($2,000) and not a cent more. I've got no problem with a guy flipping a car and trying to make a quick buck, but when you tell someone you're going to keep it forever and then almost immediately turn around and sell it for a profit, that's low. I think this guy's excitement in purchasing this truck was because he knew he was getting a pretty good deal and could potentially make some money off of it, not because he's a true enthusiast and really appreciated what he was buying.

I'd jump on it for $3K if I were nearby. And I don't begrudge a guy flipping a vehicle or anything else to make a few $$. Plenty here on this forum do, including myself. There's no "commitment" when you buy a vehicle, and he paid the asking original price. Get real guys.

And I don't begrudge a guy flipping a vehicle or anything else to make a few $$. Plenty here on this forum do, including myself.

Said the guy with $588 burning a hole in his pocket :rotf:

If I had more room it would be sitting in my driveway right now, but I only have room for three... currently.

Said the guy with $588 burning a hole in his pocket :rotf: If I had more room it would be sitting in my driveway right now, but I only have room for three... currently.

You gotta be kidding Fiat. Just get rid of your worst clunker and get the Street MJ mate. It's a long haul from where you are, but a lot longer to 'Bama. :D I wish I were closer - errr, wait - then I'd be living in Cali.

Not. :cheers: Seriously, I would love to see a CC member get this gem though.

I'd jump on it for $3K if I were nearby. And I don't begrudge a guy flipping a vehicle or anything else to make a few $$. Plenty here on this forum do, including myself. There's no "commitment" when you buy a vehicle, and he paid the asking original price. Get real guys.

Meh, still doesn't seem right to me just because a lot of people do it. I once sold a car to a buddy of mine for dirt cheap - even lower than I could scrap it for because he had a fascination for the cars and told me he had a bunch of plans for it and was going to hold onto it for a while. I was excited to see that someone was willing to put the time into fixing her up rather than just letting it sit and rot at my shop and I'll never pass up the opportunity to do someone a favor and help them out if I can. He got the thing running good, drove it for a month or so, and then sold it for about $1500 profit. Yea, he can do what he wanted with it because he paid my asking price and it was HIS car, but still got to me. Guess I'm too sensitive? I wouldn't have been upset if he had just said - yea, I'm probably going to fix this up, sell it and make some cash on it. Probably still would have sold it to him, but not given him all of the parts to turbocharge the thing for free...

Oh well, I guess I put cars too high up on a pedestal...they're just material objects :D

Hey man. He bought the truck, now he wants to sell it. Big freakin deal. :nuts: It is his truck, regardless if he said I'll keep it forever or not. Besides, a Street Comanche? :smart: If I had it, I would try to flip it for a profit or if I were rich, then I would park it in the garage on display.

Archived