Eliminating the Weight Distribution Brake Porportioning Valv

Anyone done this??

If so how did you do it??

Project Stomper's lift and recent over haul is 99% finished. I just have to get rear brake lines situated and they are rusty rusty rusty.

I'm probably going to yank the Turdy5 and put either an 8.8 or an XJ D44 SUA on the rear of this thing and I want to eliminate the Rear Porportiong Valve.

The factory setup uses a return line for the rear brakes. On XJ's without that valve, there is no brake fluid return line for the rear brakes.

If I eliminate the porp' valve, should I keep the T and the return line, or eliminate it?

If I eliminate it, should I just plug its port on the factory MJ porp valve that is under the hood, or should I swap that out for an XJ one??

Anyone done this... I checked search, no good write ups??

One of those lines is not a return but a line that comes off the prop value in case you lose front pressure. In that case you do lose pressure, line pressure is redirected to the rear for brakes. From what I get from it you go from the front prop value to another tee then to the soft line,,, not 100% but I think thats the way..

I did this to my MJ and it worked great... I used the brake booster, master, proportioning valve and pedal assembly out of a 96 cherokee...

I used the main line that went back to the rear valve, used a brass coupler to remove the brass T that was there... I re-bent the line to the pass. side and replaced the driver side with a new line. and it works great with the Waggy Dana 44's front and rear..... I can take pics if you want...

Just get a prop valve off an XJ and replace the entire rear line. That is what I have done to 5 or 6 MJs works great. Plus you will only have one line in the rear that may rot in the future. Just my .02 worth.

This is what I did.

EAGLE Did a nice bit of research and a good write up here some months(years) back.

CW

I just did this on my 90 MJ. I would just replace the whole line all the way back. Napa sells the correct fitting for the rear line as it is different then the otheres.. some kinda metric thing. take your time and make good bends, and try and keep the line running in the factory brackets. Also would be a good time to replace your rear flex line, as it is lible to be rusted in place too.