CAD vacuum diagram needed

This is for a guy I work with on his 87 MJ Chief, short bed, 4x4, AW4, bucket seat, floor shift. He wants to keep it stock original working. The 4x4 light won't go off. We checked the elec switch and its working... getting vacuum all the time, so we thought it was the transfer case vac switch... replaced it and light is still on. Does anyone have a color coded diagram of the routing? I did a search and came up with nothing. Pretty sure Ive seen one before, but can't find it right now. Thanks.

Wow. What a needlessly complicated system. I'm sure that had something to do with Jeep axing the CAD design. I can imagine many ham-fisted mechanics messing it up and owners complaining about things not working. Simple is better.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

I was replacing my floor pans and cut threw the 4x4 vacuum lines on the passenger side. The lines look similar to brake lines but aren't.

What are my options for repairing the vacuum lines?

Cap the vacuum ports and lock the CAD in the engaged position.

those are vacuum lines you cut through.  Just replace them if you want.  But there are no measurable gains from keeping the CAD design.  Jeep made a mistake when they installed it (they thought it would help with fuel economy, which it doesn't) and eventually did away with the system in the early 90s.  It is not a locker of any kind, it just connects and disconnects the 2 pieces of the passenger side axle shaft.  All Jeeps since the early 90s have a simple one-piece axle shaft in its place.  There's a link to a way to bypass and fix the issue in the link in my signature.  :thumbsup: