bumpers

I found mine in the quadratec catalog. It was for a XJ and the brackets had to be fabricated a little. I could sale you my front dual tube bumper. I just switched back to the stock. It has a few dents in it though PM me if interested.

any front bumper that fits a cherokee will fit a comanche. Rear bumpers have to be comanche specific and you really don't have a lot of options. Look around the forum, seems like some new options are emerging for comanche rear bumpers. Although I don't know how popular the tube stuff is, might make your search a little harder.

here is a pic of my front bumper made by JCR

and here is a pic of my rear bumper I had made by a local fabricator. He is willing to make and ship if interested. His email is: balterbuilt@yahoo.com

:thumbsup: Very nice bumper, I like the side protection. Wish there were a better solution for the tag, seems to be a recurring problem.

Your fab man does nice work!

agreed, very nice bumper indeed, When I plan on making mine i will incorporate the tag somehow.

...Rear bumpers have to be comanche specific and you really don't have a lot of options. Look around the forum, seems like some new options are emerging for comanche rear bumpers...

...rear bumper I had made by a local fabricator...

:wavey:

I don't want to be that guy that jumps on any situation to sell something or to get my name out there, but I would call this a shameless self promotion. If there is a need for additional bumper designs on the market, then I'd be willing to expand some.

It is unfortunate that we don't have much support in aftermarket body armor components, but I think it's great that we can still go to local fabrication shops and work out a decent deal on a custom product. XJ parts are a good alternative, but you need to ask yourself what your time is worth if you need to spend it on adapting parts.

anyone know where i can get some bumpers for my 88 comanche pioneer i want a dual tube rear and a prerunner front

PM sent/returned. Working on some drawings.

ya the plate i added later, used a hinged license plate mount of an older chevy car that had gas filler cap behind the plate. That way I can mount the plate up high on the bumper to keep it out of the way of getting banged up while wheeling but I can flip it down when I drop the tailgate.