another radiator ?

hm ill check it out. now I'm thinking just buy a locker instead. my radiator only leaks a little and mainly when I'm idle or cruising around slow. like on a trail. however I'm going on a trail run this month so I'm trying to install my long arms. figured, while the front axle is out might as well lock it up. that'll give me a better chance on the rocks or just a better chance ill shatter a shaft. either way the rad doesnt leak bad but it trickles really. i could prolly run all weekend up there and not have to fill up the bottle.

idk :dunno:

I just picked up the below from FFD (minus the fans). Extra thick and very solid. Got to modify it now for my two fans.

jeep1.jpg

That's a reeeal nice rad! Looks really well constructed. Worth noting though (having just checked their website cursing madly that I didn't know about them before I just replaced mine :D ) that the one shown isn't up to towing or slow/hot wheeling, it's an OE replacement single row.

Quote from site:

* For the daily driver, no towing, light off road driving. Good in areas with climated up to 95 degrees summer time temp. - If you do tow, do heavy off road driving or are in a climate above 95 degrees or areas of high elevation see the Radiator w/ Extreme TT below.
And the Extreme TT is rather more expensive!

Radiator Barn do 3-row & a single . . . .

jeep1.jpg

That's a reeeal nice rad! Looks really well constructed. Worth noting though (having just checked their website cursing madly that I didn't know about them before I just replaced mine :D ) that the one shown isn't up to towing or slow/hot wheeling, it's an OE replacement single row.

The radiator I bought looks just like that one from the FFD site, but it's a two core radiator. The seller was not FFD, it's from Ebay seller spikedcollardogs who uses FFD radiators. I prefer the two core over the three core.

the ffd rad is a 2 core and uses much thicker aluminum sheet then champion, ffd is built much more heavy duty then the champ line.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JEEP-CHEROKEE-XJ-ALUMINUM-RADIATOR-W-COOLING-FANS-MPG-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem19c54bbcfdQQitemZ110684257533QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

So much to learn! I didn't know you could even get a two core rad.

In a quest for cooling knowledge, just wondering if there's a pro & cons between a 2 or 3 row rad?

Why do you prefer the 2 row?

:wrench:

Edit: Now I understand :thumbsup:

Twin Wide Core Design Outcools Three Core Radiators by allowing much more airflow through core

:hijack: - does anyone know if there is a better rad option for the '86? its much , much smaller than on my other jeeps but it looks like there's lots of room for larger. of course I'm hoping for a bolt-in option.