quick question..

In theory, yes, but in practice, probably not. I would douche down your spring mounting bolts for several days in a row before attempting it. A lot of times, the bolts are seized to the bushing sleeves. Good luck bud! :thumbsup:

Nice looking springs . Better than my Rusty's . Mine have 5 ride leaf(i guess you call them) your look like they have 2 loads springs .

I got lucky and had no issues with the bolts seized to the bushing sleeves . Soaking is a good idea . I would recomend new shackles or new shackle bushings . I zip cut the u-bolts , they sure do make a loud snap when the let go , lol , no dangers though . Just watch out where your sparks are heading :eek: . If you go this way make sure you cut on the "U" or you'll have to cut twice . You'll also need to disconnect the brake line bracket . You can manipulate the line to make placable(by drilling) to the load sensing valve bracket (if not rusty), if you didn't get the extended line . This works fine as long as you don't go flexing it out , then it would fall short I think . I bought the extended line , just never got it on yet as it came in after the springs went on . Mine is still like this but consider this a temp fix , I do . At least you won't get stuck short of parts this way .

I hung the front bolt , then bolted up the diff to the springs , then the rear bolts . Don't be surprised if the shackle is point waaaay forward . Mine was , it went back when I finally put the weight back on the wheels . I still had to put pressure on the spring to get to , sort of , stretch far enough to reach the shackle . I didn't think they were gonna work initially but all went well .

Don't tighten any bushing bolts until its on the ground , the u-bolts can be tighted to spec right away during the process .

Good luck with the install .

Oh and I'm not sure on where or how your doing this but if you are using a jack make sure you jack it up evenly on both sides of the frame, other wise it will twist the frame of the truck and you won't be able to bolt up the new leafs. Also really look into new shackles I'm not sure how bad yours are but mine were so bad because of rust I'm really surprise i didnt snap one. Have fun and good luck and be safe :wrench:

Brandon

ok... round 2.. I was unable to get the springs on yesterday.. Because when we went to get the u bolts i thought i was going to need Lee's explorer dies as we where getting onto the interstate headed home... we where able to limp to the next exit and call for a ride home... but the explorer was left in town... well when we got home we where going to use my F-250 and his trailer to recover his car but My dismantled Jeep was in the way to get the trailer so we had to use the Farm all and pull the trailer across the field to my grandfathers house.. as Lee was about to back up the 1930s something farm all tractor it decided to get stuck in first gear. we had to push the tractor to the trailer to hook it up... after that we did get up to my grand fathers where I was going to hook up when i noticed that my dad had the 1 1/4 inch ball hitch and not the 2 inch on the receiver and he also lost the key to the pin... getting the small ball off was not hard but while trying to get the 2 inch off we nearly removed the vice bolted to the work bench.... so i ended up buying another stupid 2 inch ball for that truck.. thankfully going to Mobile getting the explorer and returning home went well... other than we originally left to get parts at 11:30am and it is now 6:45pm.... we where able to make some headway on the Jeep finally but decided to go de-stress at Hooters around 8... we left hooters at 11:50pm :yes: .... when we got home we worked on my Jeep till 2am and called it quits for the day... Also Lee is not allowed to touch any of the heavy farm equipment or cars in fear of something going horribly wrong..

finally managed to get those springs on.. if it had not been for yesterday we could have changed it out in 2 or 3 hours.. yesterday was just a big flop... :wall:

when I get a good pic i will post a before and after.. there is a big difference maybe 2 - 4 inch.. i like it anyway.. just need to get the front up about 2 inches. hopefully that will not be such a PITA!

finally managed to get those springs on.. if it had not been for yesterday we could have changed it out in 2 or 3 hours.. yesterday was just a big flop... :wall:

when I get a good pic i will post a before and after.. there is a big difference maybe 2 - 4 inch.. i like it anyway.. just need to get the front up about 2 inches. hopefully that will not be such a PITA!

Remember the springs will settle after some time and use. I know some one told me (i think it was Tom from hellscreek) if want the springs to settle faster then get a buddy to loan you there 4 wheeler and put it in the bed of the truck for a week end. I know when it came to the 4.5" lift springs from hellscreek they settled about 1 or more inches.

can't wait to see them pics either! :wrench:

Brandon

I drove around for a couple months with 800 lb of (bagged) rock salt in the bed and

my HC MT springs didn't settle more than 1/4". I also couldn't tell the salt was even

there while driving.

Untill you pulled in to fill up at the gas pump :ack:

Brandon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I've had the same 3+2 MT springs on for about four years now. Hauled tons of crap in the back in that time including the permanent fiberglass cap. Total settle is 1/2". They don't settle because of the two overload leafs. To get the front up I recommend a set of OME 630 front coils. Smooth ride, good handling, and a full 3" lift up front. They don't settle either. Then I replaced the rear shackles with a set of Teraflex greasables. Gave it a slight rake like I wanted and it stays that way. :cheers: