Motion Offroad Budget Boost?

Depends on what endstate your looking for. If you want to run 30-31" tires and never regear your axles this will be good for you. I'll never have ranchos again on my truck. I've had two different sets, both were extremely stiff and made for a terrible ride. Motion's will be a huge improvement in ride quality at least.

If you want to go with 33" tires or bigger then you're looking at more lift, more fender trimming (depending on lift), and you should regear your axles, but by this time you've just opened up a whole can of worms. Stronger axles than a 30/35/44 combo may be in order.

I think a budget lift like this with 31s and a rear lunch box locker would make for a great capable and relatively cheap offroad MJ that you can have a lot of fun with. Go any bigger and it gets expensive. If that's the case, save your money until you can afford a complete 4.5-6" kit with everything you'll need.

I'm looking for roughly around a 2 inch lift. I'm wanting to get my truck up to a nice level sit. My truch is already on 31's. I want my fenders up more off my tires. I'mnot looking to regear or anything like that. I've thought about the drop shackles and spacers, but I'm not sure I can mess with suspension without direct instruction lol.... But I'd like to get a little lift and the shocks seem like a good idea. Or maybe I don't need them? But I've only found short spacers and I'm not sure how to install the drop shackles or which year I need. If I could get a link to ebay or something for exactly what I need and exactly how to put it on, it would be greatly appreciated.

Use Grand Cherokee V8 coil springs with an extra set of oem isolators instead. You'll get a flexier -and- smoother ride with the same relative lift from these coil springs. also 2" coil spacers. Out back go with some 2" shackles from auto zone and an AAL. that would be a nice small lift. Have you thought about trimming up your fender flairs? That gives an optical illusion that your MJ is higher then it is.

Brandon

Shackle installation instruction- take out rusty dirt covered ones out put new shiny ones in!

Coil spring installation- unbolt shocks brakelines upper control arms then put new coils and or spacers in then attach control arms then shocks and brakelines! Tighten everything once again!

Then drive it!

Can you adjust the drop shackles between one and two inches? I don't want my truck to sit up higher in the rear. Also, just put the truck on jack stands and I'll be able to do all of this? Can I get some pictures of what I'll need to take out in the rear? I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

chevy drop shackles will only give 1" maximum and I think it's actually 3/4". MJs already have pretty long shackles so there's less lift then if you were installing them on XJs (which have shorter stock shackles). the small bump should match a 1.75-2" front lift and balance out the truck's rake.

you can try car-part.com for junkyard parts.

Look up blacktunaroll on ebay and buy his true 2" spacers for $45 shipped. Then pick up some chevy shackles from the auto parts store lift section for $40. This will give you 2" lift for around 90 bucks with tax. Then you can buy lift shocks from RC or anywhere for around $120 and have plenty of room to go higher if you want.

So the 88-97 should fit? I haven't found a Comanche lift shackle thats a 3/4 to an inch lift. Thats what the Chevy shackle should do to even it with my front 1 and 3/4 right? Will I need to get longer shocks or will this be fine? How much will I have to take apart to get the front and rear? Can this be done on jack stands? Thanks

Your current shocks will be ok. Yes this can be done at home with jack stands but I would go buy a coil spring compressor.

You can buy the shackles for an MJ but they are more money,RRO sells a 1" MJ shackle for $72 vs $38 for the chevy shackle.

So basically you could get your whole lift for around the cost of just the shackles.

Go sit under your truck with the manual for 20 minutes and look at pictures and labels! I learned all my stuff from my dad and taking stuff apart an putting it back, sure it's hard the first time but if you take pictures of how things were an label stuff like nuts and bolts in little baggies you'll be fine! When I put my spacers in I took the upper control arms off unbolted the torx bolt holding up the brakelines and unbolted the shocks from under the hood, take out the coils, slip the puck in there then squeeze the coil in and attach the upper control arms so your not fighting the shocks, then shocks and brakelines and spring retainer clips..... For the shackle you unbolt it from the leafpack then the frame side and put the new ones in the way you took the old ones out.... I'd recommend you invest in some wd-40 or pb blaster and spray the $#!& out of every nut and bolt for a week in advance every day 2 times a day so nothing breaks

Good luck and get to work

Don't they have 2-3.5 inch rear adjustable shackles for my truck? And then I could put 3 inch lift springs and have the rear at 2 inches and it'd sit about level? Or will I need other things because of the 3 inch lift in the front? Brake lines? Anything? I'm not sure and I want to be happy with my purchase. Any pics of trucks lifted 2 inches and then one with 3 inches? Thanks!