97 doors

i have looked in search under every name i can think of, looked across the web at all the sites i can think of for...

the article or articles on installing 97 doors on my mj!

:ack: :ack: :ack: :ack:

can someone direct me there? dave

just do it. u need to the door latch or striker piece. get a piece of flat bar, drill it for the bolts, weld nuts over holes, and drill new holes in the cab a little bigger than the bolt so you can fine adjust the striker for fitment. i welded up the extra holes from the old style striker.

i took a small thin washer and ground it down to fill the big hole, tacked it then put a piece of brass behind to keep me from blowin thru on the other holes. aluminum works to

edit: here's a few more pics

this was a waste of time to do, still havent gotten around to spot weldin it back together

96- cherokee door, pretty sure same as mj

after welding up old holes and made new, kinda ugly cause i reamed the holes a bit but u get the idea. i made the holes a little bigger so i could adjust where it sits.

i forgot about that. theres a thin metal bracket thats spot welded in 4 places i think. it holds a plate thats threaded. the first door i did i cut a section of the inner cab out with a cutoff wheel so i could see and used a chisel to bend the tab back and forth until it broke off. then on the other door i saved some time and just reached behind and broke it off. i imagine you could take a small drill bit to the spot welds too.

Thanks for the info! I was considering cutting an access hole also. I will see if I can just pry the spot welds loose with a small prybar, seems like a lot lees work to do. I just have to figure out how to fit all the wiring behind the driver's side kick panel between the parking break. I'm redoing the entire interior, swaped in a tilt column, A/C, bucket seats, Carpet. Will post pics when done.