Pics of those Bushwacker XJ flat fenderflares.

Are those on stock wheel openings or are they enlarged?

There's more info in the link,

but the guy had already opened up his wheel wells before he got the flares,

so they were creatively installed higher than normal (atleast in the front) to cover up the existing openings.

From what I've read you have to cut away some of the sheetmetal before you install them. I think they're made of the same material as the regular bushwacker flares so they'd be just as susceptible to breaking.

I think they'd look good on an MJ but I really like the look of flat fenders in general.

yes the rears only. hate the front tj flares on the unibody rigs :ack:

It's funny tho,

someone at GM liked the 'TJ ft flare on an XJ fender' look enough to copy it when they made the H3's.

:ack:

I have the bushwackers on the front of my mj.i havent even been offroad since i installed them

i got them because i have full width axles on the front and wanted the protection, i had already cut my fenders so they didnt fit very well. instead of the hardware they sent to install i used self tappers as i had to seperate the back pieces to compensate for the cut fenders,when i did that the fenders didnt wanna stay on so i just ran some tappers in them

hope this link works

http://www.jeepforum.com/gallery/showph ... mit=recent

• 4 months later...
I have the bushwackers on the front of my mj.i havent even been offroad since i installed them

i got them because i have full width axles on the front and wanted the protection, i had already cut my fenders so they didnt fit very well. instead of the hardware they sent to install i used self tappers as i had to seperate the back pieces to compensate for the cut fenders,when i did that the fenders didnt wanna stay on so i just ran some tappers in them

hope this link works

http://www.jeepforum.com/gallery/showph ... mit=recent

:wavey: Did you get the rears on yet? :D