Pillar light wiring ???

Hey guys! I ordered the pillar lights I read about on a previous post. They are rocker switch type from the limo supply company. I'm sure they will look great once installed, BUT, I know nothing of electronics or wiring and need some advice how to wire them into the existing pillar wires. Thanks for any input.

This is how I wired mine: Red goes on the larger spade connector, the striped wire goes in the middle and the solid black goes on the smaller spade on the end.

OK, thank you. Now how do I CONNECT the wires to the spades? ( I really don't know! )

from what i can tell you neeed the proper conector, its the one that will fit into the post/spade thingy on the light. you then strip about 1/2 inch of the insulation off the wire, put the connector over the stripped area of the wire and use pliers to crimp(squeeze) it on. then plug it in.

Cut the wires off the connector, strip back about 1/2" of the insulation, then crimp on 1/4" RED female spade connectors (for the 18AWG gauge wire), then plug them on the light terminals as explained above. These connectors are available at Autozone, etc. get the crimping tool also.

386_8626.JPG

Thanks Guys! I'm glad I can use crimp connectors and don't have to solder anything. I've never done that and didn't want to lose my soldering virginity in the cab of an old, beat up Comanche :brows: Thanks again. I'll buy what I need and should soon have interior lights.