How much lift do i have

If you still have the factory flares, measure from the centerline of the wheels/hubs/axles stright up to the bottom edge of the flare. Stock height for an MJ should be approximately 17-1/2" front and 20-1/2" rear.

If you don't have the factory flares, I've posted the official factory method of measuring a couple of times, and a search should turn it up.

I have a 4.0/auto and 33s with stock ratio sucked. I now run 35s with the stock gears and overdrive is useless. Drove a friend's Cherokee on 33s with 4.10 gears (also 4.0/auto) and it's about the same as stock gears on stock tires.

haven't had a chance or funds to go to 4.10 yet. When I do my current axles are going into Booger, which currently has the stock 3.07 ratio.

Sweet guys thans for all the help I'm going to measure my rig today and see how much lift it has and i don't really know if 33s will be in the future but i might jest go buy some maypops and see what it looks like and drives like.

Keep in mind that width is as much of a problem (or more) regarding clearance for large tires as diameter. 33s come in various widths, and unless you really need fat, wide tires to float over sand, you can probably do better and need less lift with the narrowest tire you can find. These days I think that may be a 33 x 10.50, but a few years ago at least one company offered a 33 x 9.50 that we called the "pizza cutter" tire. It worked great.

If you still have the factory flares, measure from the centerline of the wheels/hubs/axles stright up to the bottom edge of the flare. Stock height for an MJ should be approximately 17-1/2" front and 20-1/2" rear.

I'm running XJ Upcountry Springs in the front under two (2) spring isolators and get 19", 3" Motion Offroad standard load lift leaves out back for a measurement of 22". The lift leaves are only netting me 1.5" off lift :hmm: I do have a cap on the back though...

Anyone have objections to throwing a 2" spacer sandwiched between the two isolators up front?

I'm running XJ Upcountry Springs in the front under two (2) spring isolators and get 19", 3" Motion Offroad standard load lift leaves out back for a measurement of 22". The lift leaves are only netting me 1.5" off lift :hmm: I do have a cap on the back though...

Anyone have objections to throwing a 2" spacer sandwiched between the two isolators up front?

what else are you doing to accommodate the extra 2"? control arms? shocks? track bar? brake lines?

what else are you doing to accommodate the extra 2"? control arms? shocks? track bar? brake lines?

Hi Pete! I've got a rough country adjustable track bar (the $99 one with OEM type ball joint), YJ monroe shocks ready to put in (just have to press in the bar pins) and YJ brake lines are installed.

I've ordered Adj lower controls arms from Arc Fabrications with rubber bushings installed in place of the poly ones ($155 shipped). Contemplating ordering their adj upper arms with rubber bushings ($135 shipped). May have some ready to go WJ upper and lower arms for sale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330418057061&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Not building a rock crawler (no rocks in S. Alabama!). Just a woods/ rough trail truck, and I prefer to avoid mud hehe.

Heard anything about Arc Fabrications? Their customer service seems second to none in my experience.

EDIT: I really like the ride of the Upcountry springs and thats why I want to keep them, (plus its cheaper!) I've heard of problems with spacers slipping and springs binding. Would I be ok with a 2" spacer sandwiched between to isolators?