DD Upgrades: What Am I Forgetting?

The '87 has been gone for a few months but before she left she I transferred all the upgrades I did to her to the new '90. I'm heading to the jy this weekend and am trying to figure out what else I can get. The truck is my DD (Renix 4.0, AX-15, NP231, D35, D30)and logs about 50 interstate miles every day. I'm ok with the bench seat, no A/C, & crank windows. I'm going for comfort and reliability more than anything else. The truck came with delay wipers and a rear slider. Here's a list of what I've upgraded/added so far:

1. OE Foglights.

2. Dual tone horn.

3. 130 Amp alternator,

4. '96 Valve cover (blowby),

5. High vol oil pump,

6. Open Cooling system (still need a good overflow bottle...suggestions?),

7. Horizontal mount, std thread oil filter adapter

8. Epoxied seams on Deka injectors (Mustang injector transplant went bad),

9. Turbine style AL wheels,

10. CAD locked,

11. Bedliner,

12. Laredo door panels w/ pockets

13. In dash tweeters,

14. Stereo (radio delete from the factory)

15. Under dash courtesy lights,

16. Headlight delay module,

17. OE Clock,

18. Highline Gauge cluster,

19. Leather 3 spoke steering wheel.

So what else am I forgetting?? My only thoughts were a cup holder of some kind (what works with the bench?), overhead console, better carpet, & the headlight on buzzer.

Tilt Wheel (especially if you have fat legs)

97+ Mirrors (much bigger)

mine is 2wd,

so if I'm going to have a 2wd pickup, I'm going to want it to be somewhat of a workhorse,

so I also put an MJ 44 on the want list (anyone have one in the $250-300 range near Boston? rtft.gif ),

and a decent hitch.

Not having keyless entry is driving me nuts, but I probably wouldn't go to the trouble, unless I added it at the same time as an auto-starter. :thumbsup:

What's different about the '97+ door seals? I do have a bit of water leakage so that might help.

V8 ZJ front swaybar is a direct bolt-in? What year range are the donor vehicles?

She did come from the factory with the tilt column so I'm good there.

I did read about the WJ brake booster upgrade. My brakes seem to work ok so I'll prob hold that one until I have to replace either the M/C or booster.

Newer mirrors are a good idea. I have the towing mirrors and they vibrate so much at speed that I can't see anything...

So what else am I forgetting?? My only thoughts were a cup holder of some kind (what works with the bench?), overhead console, better carpet, & the headlight on buzzer.

Walmart sells a dual cupholder with another square holder inbetween that is supposed to slip between a bucket seat and console. It has a long part on the bottom but the top where the cups sit is mostly flat on one side and rounded on the other. I bought one and measured the height of the seat between my mini-console and the curved indent, cut it off, and it fits snugly in there, the lip of the cup holder part setting on the top of the curve of the seat. The curve of the hold matches the curve of the seat almost perfect! If you have your seat all the way back, you may have to attach it to the mini console. For me, where my bench sits, it's a perfect fit! Stays in all by itself! Only problem, too tall of a cup interferes with second gear in my 4 speed, so I put my cup in the right side, and 4th doesn't interfere.

What's different about the '97+ door seals? I do have a bit of water leakage so that might help.

V8 ZJ front swaybar is a direct bolt-in? What year range are the donor vehicles?

She did come from the factory with the tilt column so I'm good there.

I did read about the WJ brake booster upgrade. My brakes seem to work ok so I'll prob hold that one until I have to replace either the M/C or booster.

Newer mirrors are a good idea. I have the towing mirrors and they vibrate so much at speed that I can't see anything...

V8 ZJ sway bar....Grand cherokee up to 1998 with a v8 engine will bolt right up, make sure you get the bushings and mount plates with it as they are sized to the sway bar. The door seals are thicker and seal up better.... easy upgrades!

V8 ZJ sway bar....Grand cherokee up to 1998 with a v8 engine will bolt right up, make sure you get the bushings and mount plates with it as they are sized to the sway bar.

Do I need the end links too or will the stock MJ/XJ ones work?

Walmart sells a dual cupholder with another square holder inbetween that is supposed to slip between a bucket seat and console.

Good call. I'll check it out.

Also, provided I can't find a 4 cyl XJ/MJ what is the best choice for an open cooling system overflow bottle? My old bottle is rigged to provide that right now (drilled a hole in the cap and threaded a hose through it).