Muffler

Flowmaster 40... Had one on the Eliminator, have one on the ZJ 4.0L... Sounds great at idle, a few people have thought I have the V-8 because of it... Sounds ricey at high RPM's, but you are pushing 6 cylinders through one muffler, so its going to no matter what ya put on.

Rob L.

Flowmaster and Magnaflow mufflers are about $70 from Summit. Thrush is $30, and a glasspack is about $25. For the money, I went with the 2.25" inlet/outlet, chambered, all-welded Thrush, for less than $40 delivered. But a lot of the auto parts stores carry these mufflers, and you might save a little on shipping if you bought one locally.

Don't remember what number, but a flowmaster single in/dual out on my 2.5. Been on now for 6 years. Sounds the same as when first put on. No ricy sound, I think because of the dual out. BTW, I have turn down tips coming straight back out under the bumper, and resonating off the pavement adds to a "throaty" idle sound.

Flowmaster and Magnaflow mufflers are about $70 from Summit. Thrush is $30, and a glasspack is about $25. For the money, I went with the 2.25" inlet/outlet, chambered, all-welded Thrush, for less than $40 delivered. But a lot of the auto parts stores carry these mufflers, and you might save a little on shipping if you bought one locally.

I picked up one of these from the local hot rod shop after work last night.......I'm definately impressed with it and I haven't even gotten it on yet (maybe tonight after work). Dual chamber, all welded...the thing weighs at least 5 lbs :eek:

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

will be replacing the current glasspack.....it's cool and all, but has become a bit annoying, plus it doesn't have a spark arrestor

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

...I picked up one of these from the local hot rod shop after work last night.......I'm definately impressed with it and I haven't even gotten it on yet (maybe tonight after work). Dual chamber, all welded...the thing weighs at least 5 lbs

That looks like the exact same muffler I'm running on my MJ now. Got it for less than $40 at a local auto parts store, which is actually a little less from Summit, since they're like $30 at Summit plus shipping. I like how it sounds, and the design/construction is VERY similar to the more expensive mufflers from FLowmaster and Magnaflow. It's funny, because on Summit's website, I think that Thrush muffler is made by Walker, because it has a Walker part number. Could be that a lot of the brand mufflers are made by just a few companies, and just rebranded, like they do with athletic shoes and such, lol...

• 3 weeks later...

You should buy a header and just run straight 4" pipes from it out the back.

when your in low range and really rapping out the engine it really draws attention

;)

just kidding i have the generic brand flowmaster on mine