Aftermarket Exhaust Headers for '87-'90 Renix Setups

Hey Guys,

My stock manifold is cracked and I don't want to put a stock one back on if it is just going to crack again. What are my options for an aftermarket header?

It looks like Borla doesn't make them anymore... :nuts:

I'm sure it is a good header. The issue I have with it though is that I'd like to retain my single exhaust system. I don't have much in the shape of fab tools here too (mainly missing a welder) so a complete bolt on setup is preferred.

I'm also looking for something stainless.

I have the pacesetter, and I love it. Mine is not stainless however.

I've been thinking that I'll end up going that route. P/N 701191.

41378961_640.jpg

Did it come as a complete kit or did you have to go get the gaskets, etc.?

I'm sure it is a good header. The issue I have with it though is that I'd like to retain my single exhaust system. I don't have much in the shape of fab tools here too (mainly missing a welder) so a complete bolt on setup is preferred.

I'm also looking for something stainless.

Well I see its not stainless, but they offer a single exhaust adaptor.

Fittment: All 1987-2005 Jeeps 242 cid (4.0L). Includes smog fittings. Description: This is a shorty street rod header which includes the header gasket and street hookup kit. Average gains on a stock engine are 18-22% when bolting on this header. By seperating the heat created by the engine in to two collectors, we can increase the life of the engine and make more power with exhaust scavenging. Want to use a single exhaust? Use our universal -Y- Pipe (09-0240) to single out the exhaust to bolt to your stock exhaust system.

CW

• 3 months later...

I'm going to bump this one back up to the top. I never got one last fall and am starting to look for one again. If anyone else has any other ideas, please share!

I'm probably going to go searching for the cheapest place to get the Pacesetter one and get it later this week...

I highly advise the more expensive M.O.R.E. motor mounts. they're AWESOME, and it's very convenient to go order a $3 LCA bushing to replace the bad bushing with if it goes bad (big if...360 degrees of rubber around the center sleeve means less torsion and longer lasting).

I have a set on mine, and got a set for my friend's comanche that I'm building.

as far as headers go, Wade bought a stainless "factory" style exhaust manifold for his '89 off of ebay. less than $150, direct bolt-in, and it has some nice "flex" sections that keep it from vibrating and cracking in the typical spot....

here's a new OEM style...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EXHAUST- ... ccessories

here's a pace setter that would work for you

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pacesett ... ccessories

I can't find the one wade has, but I'm sure you could talk to him and figure stuff out. IDK tho.

does it really make a difference in sound?

it's not sound but quality and better exhaust output that we go for with headers.

it allows more outgoing flow, which helps economy. it also eliminates the cracking issues that the factory ones have.

Pacesetter???? They used to be the lowest form of junk crap headers on the market... Have they started producing better parts???

See thats just what I made this thread for...I'm looking for other options that are bolt in but having little to no success so far.

I've got another stock manifold to put on the truck if it all comes down to it. That one is already bought and paid for... Maybe I should just invest in the new M.O.R.E. motor mounts and throw the stocker back on for now, then wait until I have access to a welder and get one of the other headers... :dunno:

Pacesetter???? They used to be the lowest form of junk crap headers on the market... Have they started producing better parts???

I've had my Pacesetter header for over 3 years now, and have had no issues with it. It was completly bolt-in, with an easy trouble free install. I was very happy with the quality of the header when I opened the box, and am still happy with it over 3 years later. If (read: when) I get another XJ/MJ I would buy another one, period.