Removing Plastic Molding on B Pillar Q

I did a search, but I didn't see anything, so forgive me if this has been asked before. But how do you remove that plastic molding behind the side windows on the B-pillar? It looks like a vent cover. I took the inside trim piece off and after just a quick glance, I didn't see anything that would indicate they were attached to the cover. Do they just pull/pop off? I'd rather not break these as I would guess they're hard(er) to come by.

Thanks in advance.

I did a search, but I didn't see anything, so forgive me if this has been asked before. But how do you remove that plastic molding behind the side windows on the B-pillar? It looks like a vent cover. I took the inside trim piece off and after just a quick glance, I didn't see anything that would indicate they were attached to the cover. Do they just pull/pop off? I'd rather not break these as I would guess they're hard(er) to come by. Thanks in advance.

If you mean part #20 in the pic below they are held on by a pushnut (#19) on each corner. If you try to pry them off they'll break. So the B pillar panel has to come off.

Image Not Found

I thought the question was about the ones on the exterior. Those have two fasteners. The louver slips down over plastic studs pressed into holes in the pillar. To remove, place a short block of wood against the bottom edge and tap GENTLY upward. They should pop right off.

This is best done on a warm day when the plastic is softer.

I've always just pulled them off by hand.

Worked my fingers into the top.

Then worked both hands down each side at the same time (Not shown, one hand had to use the camera)

Then when you get to the bottom, with both hands, one on either side, kind of using a pulling rocking motion while you pull it off.

With it off you can see the 4 holes that the plastic thingies push in to.

Just remember to go slow because it is 20+ year old plastic.

And yes, I took the pic's to do a write-up but never got around to it. :shake:

:cheers: